• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cruise hill (london)

MrLarner

anyone on here every go to cruise hill for their plants?
when i used to do marine tanks, i used to be up there all the time and i've just remembered from a few years back that there was a few plant shops up there.
so... anyone on here go up there and whats it like these days?

Theres a few shops in Crews Hill there but not always a great selection plant wise. Maidenhead Aquatics (Located in the Enfield Garden Centre) usually stock a few as do the Aquatic Warehouse and Wildwoods. In my opinion the Maidenhead Aquatics place is the best.

The majority of plants in my tank have come from members of this forum and usually far exceed the quality of most shops.

My mum always goes there to use the garden centre, but I'm still yet to make the trip. Be interested to know if it's worth it.

I wouldn't say Crews Hill is great for plants to be honest. Wildwoods always have a good selection of fish and plenty of hard scape materials though and if you're into marine there's a pretty good shop behind one of the pet stores on the main-stretch of shops.

worwood said:
............... if you're into marine there's a pretty good shop behind one of the pet stores on the main-stretch of shops.

That's Home Marine which is located by Springtime Nurseries.

little update for you's...
went there but wasnt that good at all.
like i said, i used to go all the time a few years back when i was into marines but after going back for planted tank materials, fish/plants/deco i was disapointed.
only place with decent plants was maidenhead aquatics, every other shop their plants we're half dead and they had the cheek to tell me i've come on the wrong day because all their healthy plants come in on thursday.
hold on a second, that means they plants have died within 6 days. sorry but i wont be buying from here mate. its pathetic.
but on a good note, deco wise their is loads to choose from, they all sell loads of wood, ferts, substrate and tanks and everything else related.
so anyone planning on a trip there, forget buying plants. their poor.

Back