• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp and HC

Greenview

I am about to plant some HC in the next week or two, but I also want to get some shrimp into my tank to help deal with the fuzz algae on some of my plant leaves. I have heard that the HC is likely to be uprooted by the shrimp—is that true with all shrimp species? Would I be OK if I introduced the shrimp after I have given the HC a couple of weeks to root?
Thanks

give the HC some time to root and it will be fine! albeit if you plant it well shouldn't be a problem
This was my nano day 1 with a dozen cherries
web.jpg

no real problems

I have HC in a few of my shrimp tanks and i have had no trouble with uprooting. I don't inject c02 so its slow growing and takes a while to root and spread, i have never had the shrimp cause issues.

Thanks.
I have never had shrimp before, which shrimp would you recommend for eating fuzz on leaves?

RCS do i have noticed that aswell, Amanos are excellent and keeping algae minimal.

Shrimp wont bother your HC. Get them in ASAP. Keep on top of algae and HC.

Ottos and shrimp would be at the top of my list in a new set up.

Thanks for the input, but a lot of time has passed since I posted this thread. I have had Amanos for almost 4 months and they are doing a good job; I also had to replace the HC as it was failing, prob through a lack of ferts (though I did not realise that at the time).

Back