• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A more conventional Iwagumi (Final shots @ 22 weeks)

Well its been a while, but the 20 litre Iwagumi has finaly reached its final photo stage.
It has taken 22 weeks to grow the mosses to full maturity, but well worth the wait i feel.
I have battled a bit of BBA on occasion, which I suppose is a risk with 85% moss planting in a 20 litre tank under 24 watts of T5. Removing the fish and maintaining a population of about 20 cherry shrimps seemd to be the factor that finaly cured the algae issues.

I have really enjoyed this scape as it is a departure from my usual style and because i don't usually keep nano scapes running this long.

6581361203_e287af8718_z.jpg

6581378919_4971c2d5bc_z.jpg

6581382519_27799b8e86_z.jpg

6581385847_106f6a1239_z.jpg

Cheers,
James

Super bloody shish James!!!

Ripples wouldnt go a miss i think.

I'm having fun with riccia at the moment, but boy, it's like a woman what with all the maintenance and attention it needs.

Thanks for your appreciation folks :D

Antoni said:
Great scape with mosses and low maintenance! Love the composition with the 2 different type of moss and the eleocharis!
Some ripple could even enhance the picture further! Congrats! :clap:
Mark Evans said:
Super bloody shish James!!!

Ripples wouldnt go a miss i think.

I'm having fun with riccia at the moment, but boy, it's like a woman what with all the maintenance and attention it needs.

As the shrimps are slow moving I could take these shots at 1/6 second shutter speed. The ripples would then have been completey blurred, so I sacriiced them for a small aperture and slow shutter speed to capture the mosses as sharply as i could.

Cheers,
James

George Farmer said:
Mark Evans said:
George Farmer said:
A class act. You don't post much, but when you do...

Is that with or without riccia George? :lol:
I don't see any riccia attached to wood... ;) :lol:
Blimey Girls... don't bust the buttons on your blouses. :rolleyes:

Just to shut you up...
6642237971_5641e409b3.jpg

Got this for the 60cm...and yes George I thought I might super glue riccia all over it, because I have the coordination of a 3 year old and can't tie with fishing line. :lol:

Happy New Year :D ,
James

George Farmer said:
BTW you need to get the latest PFK (Feb '12).... ;)

I got it >:) saw you swimming in the fish tank haha.

10 Things you will discover in this issue -

1. George Farmer can survive underwater.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

George Farmer said:
I don't see any riccia attached to wood...

I'm not sure what this riccia and wood thing is?.... o_O it's not on wood in my tank neither....you've not been drinking mate have you?.... :lol:

Mark Evans said:
George Farmer said:
I don't see any riccia attached to wood...

I'm not sure what this riccia and wood thing is?.... o_O it's not on wood in my tank neither....you've not been drinking mate have you?.... :lol:
Forget it mate. I made a mistake and thought you had riccia attached to wood. I blame my iPhone, with it's small screen!

James, sorry for the hijack! Can't wait to see what you can do with your 60cm! :D

mitchelllawson said:
George Farmer said:
BTW you need to get the latest PFK (Feb '12).... ;)

I got it >:) saw you swimming in the fish tank haha.

10 Things you will discover in this issue -

1. George Farmer can survive underwater.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks. The mention was more for James's benefit as he's in there too, including the back page with a preview of another one of his awesome nano scape features.

Back