• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who has a motorbike?

foxfish

I was just wondering if anyone is into bikes or the IOM TT?
Here is my old bike I sold it last year but thinking about building another one...

P101048911.jpg

used to have a gsxr moviestar / telefonica (depending on where in the world you come from) I was forced to get rid by the missus she won't let me get another one now :(

I have a yamaha wr125x supermoto. Absolute beast to ride round town in and out of traffic. Fun for riding stairs, wheelies, stoppies etc. Been asked so many times if its a 450 as its a full size bike. Now with the new loud arrow system on its even better

I've got an '83 r80rt that takes me the 50 miles back and forth to work every day, and a project '76 xs 500 that i brought of my old man that on day very soon will be upsetting the neighbours. what was that Kawasaki before you worked your magic foxfish.

It was a 1987 GPZ 900, it was measured at 92hp when I bought it about 12 years back & was in bog standard trim with only 12k on the clock.
My mate had a new Fireblade at the time & could outperform me everywhere so I fitted a nitro kit & just carried on going until the whole bike was transformed into a straight line 170hp monster :twisted:
I put everything together myself & built all the bodywork too but last year I decided the bike was a bit to mad for my age :?
However I quite fancy re building something different like a 70s two stroke.

I'd love a big bike, but due to me being only 11 and half stone, chances of me flying through london on a R1 or even R6 are very slim.
when i done my cbt i done it on geared bike with the intention to then do a full motorbike test and get a R6 but it all fell through after giving my mates R1 a spin and realising im not big enough to control such a bike.
so for now, i've stuck with the basic 125cc :(

wow that must of been a mental bike. i had the '88 1000rx (which is probably why the lump gave me a strange " i should know what that is" feeling) that was just down geared, and that was quick so a nitro kit...... is there any think you cant build first ponds then logs, harpoon guns now bikes. i'm impressed i think you should definitely build another, the world needs it.
that pitcher you just posted proper hooliganism great fun.

MrLarner ive never ridden a big sports bike but i believe there's a big difference between a 1000 and a 600 why not try the smaller see how you get on.

Bikes, guns, ponds tanks and mushrooms :lol:
Kudos for being able to build something like that yourself.
I am all weather rider with sv650 pocket rocket ATM. 2 years now but thinking to change into inline 4.
Probably R1. Had one before and was amazed at how comfortable it was even for travelling. 500-600 miles a day with no signs of tiredness. V-twin makes my hands go numb after 30 miles.

I currently have 3 lame bikes in my stable....

I have an '85 LC350 that is mid rebuild, and has been for 15+ yrs... the joys of moving out of home put the dampers on that project.

I also have a '99 CBR 600, which threw its chain... I was lucky it only did damage to the bike and not to my leg. Thats going to be broken up and sold for parts very soon as its too much money to repair the engine casing. I dont have the time to do ti myself anymore unfortunately.

And lastly, I have an '05 CBR 600 RR (Immaculate condition- less that 5k miles when I bought it - and a really good price). I bought it July last summer, and only had its joy for 3 weeks and 1 day before some dozy bint turned across me whilst I was legitimately traveling in the bus lane in London knocking me off and writing off my beautiful beast. I am still fighting liability now... f&*$king insurance companies.... grrr... I do still have the bike, as it was horrendously undervalued as scrap value... at least I can pull off the Akro titanium full system off it before I break that or sell it as a project bike later in the year after they finally admit liability. I plan to get another RR as soon as the insurance co makes its mind up. I MUST HEAR THAT EXHAUST NOTE AGAIN!!

cheebs said:
I currently have 3 lame bikes in my stable....

I have an '85 LC350 that is mid rebuild, and has been for 15+ yrs... the joys of moving out of home put the dampers on that project.

Now that takes me back.....! back to my days of the Suzuki X7 with the 'Allspeed exhaust' what a sound!

I've had a few different bikes over the years, going from a little 125 to a GS500 then a 600 bandit and finally a 600 hornet. Last bike I ended up being driven into whilst travelling at 40 and breaking various bits of me so gave up commuting to work on a bike. That was quite a few years ago now...

MrLarner said:
I'd love a big bike, but due to me being only 11 and half stone, chances of me flying through london on a R1 or even R6 are very slim.
when i done my cbt i done it on geared bike with the intention to then do a full motorbike test and get a R6 but it all fell through after giving my mates R1 a spin and realising im not big enough to control such a bike.
so for now, i've stuck with the basic 125cc :(

I'm lighter than you are and can honestly say that I loved my Hornet 600. It was a dinky little bike considering it was 96 bhp, really efficient on fuel, stuck to the road like glue round corners and was light enough & low enough to the ground for me to handle without feeling I wasn't in control.

Most Moto GP riders are well under 11 stone!
You can see it on motogp.com on the riders info.
Pedrosa is the lightest with 51 kg
Gibernau the heaviest with 70 kg.
Its all about power to weight ratios - just think how fast a 140hp 600 would be with you sat on it :D
TT riders tend to be heavier but lots of winners have been under 11 stone although David Jeffries was pretty heavy!

Back