• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bleach dipping moss?

Can i bleach drip moss using a 1:10 bleach : water ration, will this kill the moss and will it also kill the 'White fuzz/slime' that its covered in?

I tried Xmas moss in 1:20 solution for 20 seconds and they barely survived the dip. Whats the white fuzz that you're seeing? Might not be algae?

I have no idea what it is, but the shrimp dont touch it either do the otos, its just white slime coating the moss and well everything in the tank, it was only set up a few days ago though.

Please give a full detailed run down of your tank with photos equipment and routine

If they do survive what's to say it won't come back inyou don't dinthe underlining probl

I've NEVER had this in a new tank, I've set up a hood few.

Would be worth as I said listing the full set up, time set up, regime with the tank ect.

its a 25L P@H cube from Pets @ home

- Substrate - 1" soil capped by 2" white sand
- Lighting - 2 Arcaidia 48" tubes (which were used in my 4ft tank that i tore down and they are spread across 2 tanks)
- Dosing - 1ml flourish Excel/per day and 5ml SERA florena (K2O 4%, B 0.009%, Co 0.00025%, Fe 0.153%, Mn 0.0095% and Mo 0.0008%)
Flora - Stem plants and a crypt
Fauna - 9 red cherry shrimp + 2 pinochio shrimp.

Back