• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30L Aquael Shrimp Set Lighting

Kristoph91

I want to grow carpet plants and other plants that require high light, but the 11w light that comes with the tank isn't sufficient. would i be better getting another of the 11w "Decolight" supplied with the tank itself - or just scrapping that light and getting something like this ? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOYU-T5-8...2?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2569b85cc2

I don't know much about so advice appreciated :)

Thanks, Kris

I've got one of these over my p@h cube
Grows hc easily
Nice light just need to swap out blue bulb for something else got a nice warm colour from p@h
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you was to go for the 3x8w unit can you turn each bulb on individually? So you can back off on lamp if it's to much light.

Let me know if you do go for the eBay light, I'd be iterested in the 11w you would he replacing.

Cheers

Thanks people.

Yes i think you can turn 2 out of the 3 off selectively.

Nayr88 I'll PM you when i get it sorted.

Wait, Tom I don't understand, is it all under the one reflector or are the two fixtures separate?

Here it is over my old reef just after setup. I now have it over a 60l instead.

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

Oh i see! :) Thats really good, might search around for them. Would the red and white bulb give a red colour or what ?
Thanks for the info mate! :)

You're in Ipswich, it's just clicked with me from your other thread. Go to Rats, Cats and Elephants in Bypass Nurseries, Capel st. Mary. They have them. I don't think they have re-stocked the marine one since I got mine though. They keep them in the fish room on an AquaEl stand.

Back