• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Quick and ugly" (110l)

whitey

Seedling
Hi
Long time no see...
On 30th of December I decided to make "quick and ugly" rescape of my tank. Previously was somthing like that:

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9667

I was sick, and I was tired, and my wife was constantly asking me "when I'm planning to sort out that jungle"...
So, I removed everything, moved slightly roots to the right and covered good old Akadama with playsand from Argos ;).
Whole operation costs 3 quid for sand and 3x1.69 Newcastle Ale. (No too bad IMHO, usually I'd say will be at least 8 Guiness Draught. :D )
Basically, nothing change in the equipment: 3 x T5 24W (Sylvania Grolux, 880 and 840), two filters 600l/h each, CO2 from 600g bottle and DIY mixer/heater, peristaltic pump dosing everyday diy fertiliser.
On the bottom old Akadama plus peat moss (left as an old substrate) covered by Argos play sand. Plants Microsorum, Sagitaria, Java moss. Some stones, redmoore root. Fish are algae eaters (must go because constantly digging in the sand and having babies), Tetras (Columbian), Corys panda (must buy some to add company).

2012-01-08_19-06-12_HDR.jpg

I'll try to post better picture this week.
Cheers

Slow haigrass expansion

Quick update. Yesterday shot. (Spring finally came!)

aquarium_20120320.jpg

Cheers

Back