• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 getting close to the end. Feedback on ste

Just read this from start to finish... Incredible...

Lewisr said:
Just read this from start to finish... Incredible...

Cheers Bud, and with believe it or not, minimal amount of effort...for the record, i still haven't had to clean the glass ;)

Callum said:
What's the name of the music used?

I cant remeber mate :oops:

clonitza said:
A shoal of plastic fish

Yeah, that'll work :lol:

Harlequins or cardinals....still not sure.

George Farmer said:
I can see that doing very well in the IALPC.

possibly.

So, here's the last image for a while. I'm all whacked out from image taking, tank moving, etc etc...

Here it is with the metal halides running. Now to push it back into place for another few weeks...i am so desperate to start again.I guess i got the 90cm to look after :D

Thanks for the feedback during this mini photo session.

MH.jpg

Mark Evans said:
Callum said:
What's the name of the music used?

I cant remeber mate :oops:
No worries!

The last front shot is amazing with the light background. Looks better without the tall stems, probably the center dark part could be a bit lighter, but otherwise i love it. :clap:

Amazing lens, but it's you not the lens really ;)

Wow really? I just had to clean the class on my tank thats only 1week old! (dirt, not algae ;) )

viktorlantos said:
The last front shot is amazing with the light background. Looks better without the tall stems, probably the center dark part could be a bit lighter, but otherwise i love it.

Cheers mate. This was shot with just tank lighting, si lighting the dark areas was tough.

When it comes to 'proper' shoot. I'll ue flash, and lots of it.

It's a shame i cant show you the actual full res image...the actual shot that will be used. But who knows, you might just see it in the future ;)

Lewisr said:
Wow really? I just had to clean the class on my tank that's only 1week old! (dirt, not algae )

Yes, mate. the 50 or so ottos, over 100 shrimp might just help out though.

viktorlantos said:
Amazing lens, but it's you not the lens really

No mate, it's the gear. I'm still finding my feet with it.

\It can give some great results. Actually, i did a bit of vid, and had to turn down sharpening :wideyed:

Here's how to make a big tank look small...but i like the effect...

Cheers for now. The new year reality check has hit....work :arghh:

uwa-small.jpg

Mark Evans said:
When it comes to 'proper' shoot. I'll ue flash, and lots of it.

Will you use reflectors to bounce the flash and prevent flares on the glass, or is that not necessary ?

he text you as well Tony!

he sent me this pic to put up, he has a new peice of hardscape. He hopes you all like it.

3515.jpg

Lol well at least a skeleton is better than the "bubbling bum" air ornament I was faced with at my LFS today !!! If you don't believe me, google it ! Actually I am suffering withdrawal symptoms from not seeing Mark post today....

I can't get on. Only with phone on 3G. Not wifi.... Why?

Mark Evans said:

Can't get on with your phone via wifi or computer ? Has your phone lost the wifi password or the settings been reset by accident ?

Mark Evans said:
I had the same problem last night and still wasnt working this morning when I left home, only working over the phone :( (Im on bt infinity if it helps?)

Re your scape its is looking great isnt it! I do prefer it without the stems from the top left of themound as I thought they hung there a bit off balance if that makes any sense?

Glad you like the 16-35L. Im looking to offload my canon 10-22mm so I can buy either the 17-40L or the 16-35 but I still havent decided which one yet. Yours posts and videos may have made up my mind though!

stuworrall said:
I had the same problem last night and still wasnt working this morning when I left home, only working over the phone (Im on bt infinity if it helps?)

Yeah, me too. BT :thumbup: All working again now though.

stuworrall said:
Glad you like the 16-35L. Im looking to offload my canon 10-22mm so I can buy either the 17-40L or the 16-35 but I still havent decided which one yet. Yours posts and videos may have made up my mind though!

The 17-40, by all accounts is a great lens. I've done a little hunting around on reviews, and actually, the 17-40 is slightly better than the 16-35 in a few areas.

Piece-of-fish said:
Cardinals please...

Can you read minds... o_O thats what i'm thinking.

I'm off to a LFS @ the weekend, with Ian to hunt out some fish. Silver tip tetras have crossed my mind also. A 30 strong shoal of something....but what? Over to you George, king fish :D

Antipofish said:
Will you use reflectors to bounce the flash and prevent flares on the glass, or is that not necessary ?

When using flash, it's placed directly over the tank and straight down. Back lighting is pointed towards the wall/background of choice. Getting the desired back lighting can take time actually.

Wow, it has been a while since I took (or had) the time to scroll through the recent journals.

I bow to this scape Mark, stunning work.

Regarding fish, definitely not a combination of Gouramies and kardinals; have you ever tried pseudomugil species? There are several nice species which can give the scape extra character.

Mark Evans said:
Antipofish said:

When using flash, it's placed directly over the tank and straight down. Back lighting is pointed towards the wall/background of choice. Getting the desired back lighting can take time actually.

Ahh cool. I can operate my SB900 flash remotely, and at a push could mount it on the tripod but then I dont have a tripod to have the camera on which is more important I guess. Will have to look at rigging something up.

You know, with the video capabilities on your camera you got me looking at swapping mine out for a ruddy Canon !!! And me, a stalwart Nikon man. I am still fuming that the D700 doesn't have video, LOL.

Also couldnt get on yesterday... BT too >.>

Marco Aukes said:
Regarding fish, definitely not a combination of Gouramies and kardinals; have you ever tried pseudomugil species? There are several nice species which can give the scape extra character.

I'll take the blues out, once i have a shoaling fish :thumbup: Thanks for the words

Antipofish said:
You know, with the video capabilities on your camera you got me looking at swapping mine out for a ruddy Canon !!! And me, a stalwart Nikon man. I am still fuming that the D700 doesn't have video, LOL.

I wont laugh, as the Canon V Nikon debate is endless...... :lol: ooops it slipped out

As you know, i put several cherry shrimp in many weeks ago. Well, now their numbers have increased. There are babies everywhere :D

Also, there are little baby CRS which i have spotted today. I'm just on the lookout for the SS+ grade babies

Back