• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cat litter

when i was your age i walked 7 miles up hill both ways to get my cat litter. only joking mate its not as heavy as 5 kg and you can just bin what you don't want at tesco. do you not have a push bike, 7 miles is not to bad on a bike.

I could try and cycle down, take a bag with me (most likely a school bag) should work, and also good exercise :D

mitchelllawson said:
Antipofish said:
By my reckoning thats half a bag. Which is handy cos I have 1.5 bags. I will work out the price and PM you.

Did you figure out a price?

Hi, yeah its gonna work out quite pricy because of the weight. It will be more than twice what it would cost. If you lived near me you I would have dropped it off. The litter would have been free either way. If you get really stuck let me know but if you can get the bus or cycle down you should be ok :)

Were do you live, if you dont mind me asking, and i think i will probably be able to get some by cycling down, thanks though :D

Mitchell

mitchelllawson said:
Were do you live, if you dont mind me asking, and i think i will probably be able to get some by cycling down, thanks though :D

Mitchell

Eastbourne, "suntrap of the south" :)

mitchelllawson said:
Ill walk down to yours and carry it back up, free of charge!

Lol if you walk the 500 miles personally you can even have an extra bag of the stuff.

After reading this tread on cat litter, I decided to give it a go in my new desk top cube, picture was taken a few weeks ago... but really pleased with it. No problems with plants staying in the subsrate which was my initial worry with it being so light.

Thanks guys, saved me a few quid as I was doing trying to do this on a tight budget due to my impending holiday!

shrimps_008.jpg

Antipofish said:
Porksword said:
Have any of you tried this one, just happened to spot when looking for the low dust one.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =250359665

You dont wanna use that stuff mate , it will create a right mess. Not the stuff this thread is advocating. The one you want is this...
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265235247

Yeah thats the one i was looking for initially, but i did read somewhere about "having to watch your filter flow rate" as it can cause any hills or slopes you've made to collapse.... lets not rule out the fact that i may have misread as i zoomed through it all, lol.
But thanks I'll stick to what you guys have tried and tested.

Could this also be used for a shrimp tank, i'm planning to destroy my current 33 ltr nano and start again.
I'll be EI Dosing with carbo and the standard light.
Or would it be better to use only the fluval one for shrimp?
Or cat litter capped with the fluval stuff?

Back