• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing for a ADA mini m?

Dillinger

Seedling
Hi, i have a ADA mini m which has been growing hc cuba, glosso and micro sword for about 2 months ustng he dry start method.

The tank was flooded about 2 weeks and all seems to be going ok and spreading, although there has been a little die off from the exchange to submersed life.

My question is how much tpn+ and easy carbo should be dosed? Currently I am dosing 1ml of both daily and a weekly water change of 50%.

My lighing is 18w Pl and period of light is 8 hours, substrate is aquasoil, tank is 80% covered in plants.

I have green thread algae growing in places so my dosing must be off?

Any help will be most welcome, thanks.

Hi,
Green thread algae has nothing to do with nutrients and has everything to do with poor CO2/flow for the given lighting level.

Cheers,

Flow and turnover should be spot on as i'm using the largest ehiem eco via cal lilly pipes.

So must be either my lighting period or carbon dosing? What would you recommend for a dosing of easy carbo to get a good equilibrium for my plants.

Many thanks agin.

Hi,
It's really impossible for anyone to say with certainty because there are so many unknowns. Try using twice as much liquid carbon daily and see how it goes from there. For that lighting intensity you may need 3X as much. I suspect that at least for a while you'll need to obscure the light somehow.

Cheers,

Back