• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 getting close to the end. Feedback on ste

After attempting a 'gravel vac' clean, it's apparent, this way of cleaning is going to have to stop. There's way to many shrimp in the HC.

Thankfully, i think the tank has stabilised, so i'm not too concerned about a build up of detritus and shrimp poo.

After Ian and George come over on Sunday (go easy on my chaps, not too much critique :shifty: ) I'll be trimming extremely heavy, and probably for the last time. I'll then let it grow out, and take the final shots.

Riccia is becoming an issue. My own fault due to 'no attention' I've had to make a ton more Riccia stones and place them in their original spots. Actually, it makes it look a bit more tidy. I'll learn from this valuable lesson.
I'll have to learn from my own mistakes re. Riccia, because the next tank is going to be full of the stuff...a quick 'knock it out' scape'

Anyway, here's the pre trim shot as of tonight,and i'll post the post trim shot next week. That's if i dare get scissor happy o_O

6685628487_49fbc50678_b.jpg
13-weeks by saintly's pics, on Flickr

As you can see, the glosso has started to go mad, and needs flattening. The tenellus is spreading everywhere, but i'll let that go where it wants, to add a natural feel.

Moss also needs a good trim.

I think George mentioned in a previous post, about a 'red' stem or something similar...probably a right choice, but a bit late i think.

I reckon the next scape will have stems with colour, and i'm determined to get them red. I'm desperate to get some colour into my tanks; all that seems to happen is 'green' :geek:

From what i have noticed, my tenellus has strong hints of red hues, so i think i have a few things right to grow 'red' plants. Fingers crossed for the next tank

Not finished that one and crossing fingers for next already. Typical Mark. :lol:
That is the reason i almost never vacuum my tanks btw.
Looking spectacular as always :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
After Ian and George come over on Sunday (go easy on my chaps, not too much critique :shifty: ) I'll be trimming extremely heavy, and probably for the last time. I'll then let it grow out, and take the final shots.

How long do you think the final grow out will take till you are ready for that ?

I will bypass your comment about the NIKON vs c a n o n debate, haha..... (Mainly because I am coming to really like the Canon options !

looing forward to seeing the tank, i might nick it and take it home with me!

where did the water go? :lol:
Nice shot.

what qualities would you say riccia brings to the table? why do you like it?

darren636 said:
what qualities would you say riccia brings to the table? why do you like it?

I dont know mate.It's all a matter of personal taste i guess.

Arana said:

Many thanks Mark. Extremely kind of you to say so. :angelic:

andyh said:
I know you are a photography whizz, does it look this good in real life!

Cheers Andy

I'll let Ianh judge. He's coming over tomorrow, so if you dont hear from him on here, then it's crap i guess :lol:

I'm happy with it ;)

Ady34 said:
where did the water go?

It's there :lol: The one issue i do have, which i guess i'll never get rid of, is dust. It always makes its way into the tank, and on the surface. A real minor thing though.

As soon as Ian's gone, i'll be putting my hands right in.This is so in need of a trim. :crazy:

I'm not sure i'm qualified to judge such a good scape mate!

Mark Evans said:
Ady34 said:
where did the water go?

It's there :lol: The one issue i do have, which i guess i'll never get rid of, is dust. It always makes its way into the tank, and on the surface. A real minor thing though.

Have you thought about putting one of those air purifiers nearby to draw the dust away ? You said its a minor thing so probably not worth the ££ but thought I would raise the suggestion in case it had not crossed your mind :)

Saw this aquascape in all it's glory today and it really blows you away! The pics do, do it justice, but it's even better in real life. It's a really calming surreal aquascape, and if this doesn't finish top 20 in the IAPLC then i will cut one of my knackers off with a blunt rusty knife. Every plant inside this tank has been nailed and looks very natural in the environment its in. It was a pleasure to see it all pearling as well...a proper gem of an aquascape.

well done Mark.

ps hope the new fish have settled in.

ianho said:
Saw this aquascape in all it's glory today and i really blows you away!.... and if this doesn't finish top 20 in the IAPLC then i will cut one of my knackers off with a blunt rusty knife.

LOL, will you be setting up a journal for that ? :wideyed:

Mark Evans said:
For those that are unsure how to clean the hard part to reach in an inlet/lilly pipe...

here's how some do it...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19587

here's mine after cleaning.

6697184601_57136b1858_b.jpg
lilly by saintly's pics, on Flickr

As ever your photography is spot on ! What are the two plants that are intermingled please Mark ?

ianho said:
Saw this aquascape in all it's glory today and it really blows you away! The pics do, do it justice, but it's even better in real life. It's a really calming surreal aquascape, and if this doesn't finish top 20 in the IAPLC then i will cut one of my knackers off with a blunt rusty knife. Every plant inside this tank has been nailed and looks very natural in the environment its in. It was a pleasure to see it all pearling as well...a proper gem of an aquascape.

well done Mark.

Thanks you Ian. :thumbup:

Hopefully, the video i showed you has helped persuade you to get a canon ;)

The fish have settled in a treat. swimming around happily.

After consulting Ian, and some great help from George, i settled on Cardinal tetras. I now plan to take all of the other fish out, and build this shoal up to about 30 or so.

6702560871_74decd373c_b.jpg
cardinals by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Antipofish said:
As ever your photography is spot on ! What are the two plants that are intermingled please Mark ?

Glosso and tenellus.

Thanks Mark. It looks amazing. Ian and George are lucky to live nearby and be able to see this in person, but I am enjoying your work vicariously from your great photography and videography :) I love the idea of a big shoal of cardinals, though have to say I loved your opaline gouramies in there.

"After consulting Ian, and some great help from George, i settled on Cardinal tetras. I now plan to take all of the other fish out, and build this shoal up to about 30 or so."

Cardinals are always a good choice, they are used a lot but for good reason. In a tank as green as this they will stand out a treat..... maybe 50 would be better though!!! I bet the one that was already in there thinks all his christmases have come at once.
Good luck catching the others.
Ady.

I bet the one that was already in there thinks all his christmases have come at once.

true Ady, you should have seen his face when he saw his mates in the bag! lol We had a good look around for fish, cards were the way forward though...we saw some decent species today the emerald eye rasboras were very nice. I got some nice CPD's.

Mark showed me the HD vids as well on his HD TV and they were jaw dropping, it was like having a fish tank stuck to the wall.

ianho said:
I got some nice CPD's.
Ahh i love those little danios, i presume they must be for your latest nano project.

ianho said:
Mark showed me the HD vids as well on his HD TV and they were jaw dropping, it was like having a fish tank stuck to the wall.
Mark, you should sell copies, you dont need them having the real thing right there!
Maybe sort out some 3D footage to further enhance the spectacle!! ha ha.
Ady.

Back