• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID this wood please ?

A

Antipofish

Hi there, I just got a cracking piece of wood from Paraquatics in Hove. I am not sure, but I think it could be redmoor. The proprietor did not know what its called but said they had been getting it for a while now and it is very popular. I love the root structure on this piece.

wood.jpg

srm1973 said:
Looks like redmoor

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Piece-of-fish said:
100% redmoor

Woohoo ! Cost me £17 :) measures 45cm(L) x 30cm(H) x 28cm(W)

What I could not understand is that the shop concerned did not even know what it was, and I bet they would have charged more if they had, cos whilst its a damn good shop, its not the cheapest one on the block. Nice people who own it though, and they've been there years which is encouraging in the current economic climate.

Good that you are happy :thumbup: nothing better than decent hardscape in our world :D
The price is normal I would say. It's just that some shops are way overpriced.

Piece-of-fish said:
Good that you are happy :thumbup: nothing better than decent hardscape in our world :D
The price is normal I would say. It's just that some shops are way overpriced.

Yes you are right about the price. I could have bought a piece of Sumartran driftwood half the size and with about three twigs on from a certain small chain down here and paid the same amount of money !

Back