• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Woohoo - I'm allowed a nano :)

PeteA

Title says it all really, but I'm in the process of tidying my office at home and my other half has relented and said that when money is a bit easier, I'm allowed to have a nano tank (or two) in the office. Probably go for P@H cubes with sponge filters and likely only have a Betta in with some shrimps. Completely low-tech with the hi-tech being my 190 litre. Needless to say I'm quite chuffed!

Congratulations...ha ha

I know the feeling.....can be really hard work talking the other half round to new schemes / projects......especially if the other half is not that interested in your hobby.

Keep us updated on how you get on :thumbup:

Yup, I have to be fair and say that she does enjoy the tanks too, but has that practical streak of not allowing me to fill the whole house with them!

Original said:
Betta's will munch shrimps, if they're in the same tank of course.
Drat! There goes that idea. I've not actually done any research on Betta's as they don't actually inspire me that much (the S.O. desperately wants a crowntail Betta). Looks like it'll be a Betta tank on one desk and a Galaxy Rasbora/Shrimp tank on the other ;)

Good news mate.

I've just bought a P@H nano...i dont have permission yet, but a gentle 'push' in the right direction, and she'll let me have it :D

If she doesn't?...then the marriage is over!!!! :lol:

Congrats! I'm still working on mine!

I have a Beta in the same tank as my Blue Pearls and I haven't lost any as far as I know and to the contrary they seem to be multiplying! It is pretty heavily planted though, so it would be pretty hard for the Beta to get in amongst them. I've even seem some babies on my path...

Took me a while, starting with a tiny 10 litre spare tank from her parents garage for the bookshelf. Little did she know that would turn into a P@H cube and a dedicated cupboard...

Now I've just persuaded her to let me keep shrimp in the 10l. :D

Mark Evans said:
Good news mate.

I've just bought a P@H nano...i dont have permission yet, but a gentle 'push' in the right direction, and she'll let me have it :D

If she doesn't?...then the marriage is over!!!! :lol:
:thumbup: Good priorities, hehe

Looking to compliment my first Nano.. maybe a triptych going along the fireplace as it's the perfect width.
Here's my first attempt and second scapping of the tank done recently, quick hide the reciepts :)

photo_orch3.jpg

tank2.jpg

bloody substrate moving onto the sand.. grrrr must sort that out

I saw a tank by James Findlay where he kept substrate and sand separate by having lots of little different grain size pebbles to create a "soft" transition from the plant substrate to sand. Seemed to work well :thumbup: Tanks looking good though :) Love the Orchid next to it.

Back