• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's nano cube

ianho said:
hey Sarah, the plant is Glosso, not HC. The fert regime is 1ml TPN+, 1ml Easycarbo, ADA K one pump.

not forgetting the daily 50% water change at the moment.

Ah, sorry, for some reason I was convinced it was HC - spot the newbie! :lol: Though I thought Glosso was even harder than HC - respect!

George Farmer said:
Looking sweet mate.

I can vouch for glosso (and HC) growing well with liquid carbon (non CO2 gas), providing all other parameters are ok.

Yes, I suspect that "providing all other parameters are ok" is probably going to be the tricky bit for me. :rolleyes: Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, and I'm learning loads from everyone here at UKAPS.

I can vouch for glosso (and HC) growing well with liquid carbon (non CO2 gas), providing all other parameters are ok.

cheers George, as George states, i can also vouch for no gas and HC. I also failed with Hc lately 'with' gas, so It's best IME to just give it a try.

I look forward to seeing this progress and then I'm going to show the pics to the mrs I may get the nod of approval then for me to be able to get one.

thanks Gary, you've put me under pressure now! lol I Think tank in a nice addition to a kitchen.

Looking great, I think I need to get some gloss for my tank!

Thank you Toaster!

Yes, I suspect that "providing all other parameters are ok" is probably going to be the tricky bit for me. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, and I'm learning loads from everyone here at UKAPS.

Just remember that a little to much of anything at the begining never goes a miss. Keep the daily water change up for a couple of weeks, i bet you'll win.

was going to order some from tgm but the last thing i need is more ph buffering :(

@ Darren, i don't test my Ph, but i know it comes out of the tap at around 7.5 - 8 and is hard as nails at about GH 26 the shrimp are doing well, we have a preggers cherry. We have great water to keep malawi Cichlids in!

@ Mitchell, thanks for the comment!

Damn, even the tiles behind it work !!! Give it a sunrise look. Ian, can you walk on water too ? ;)

3 week update...

Everything is doing well, still a little slow (maybe i'm being a little impatient!), there are shrimplets now. So i'm being careful not to suck em out when doing a water change. The Glosso is staying really small as well. The Riccia is going great guns. I have added another riccia stone to the front of the main stone.

6738080409_9f0972fba3.jpg
glo4 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6738079459_4a1990b2a1.jpg
glo3 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6738099579_7b0d4295af.jpg
glo1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

6738078657_7d17fdf587.jpg
glo2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Looking great Ian. Love the shrimp. Looks like a top quality one ? Is that samoa sand ?

Its got a nice natural look to it :) I have Samoa in mine, and am very pleased with it now. I just finished 5 hours of drying off the florabase I pulled out of my tank !!!

Back