• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dave's 35L first attempt - now with added shrimp

I think i read some were the HG like to be in little bundle instead of large ones, so it might be in your interest to divide it into smaller bundles and even single blades if possible, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

added some fresh new shrimp today

6602365685_5a72870d30.jpg
New Shrimp by hinchles, on Flickr

they seem to be having fun.

I've hacked back nearly all the stems at the rear as they were growing like mad and starting to cover the surface now they've been chopped the hairgrass is actually starting to sprout new shoots / grow now so things are looking up. the crypts are also shooting new leafs so slowly but surely its growing in.
Which is abit of a shame since I'm considering ripping all the hairgrass out and converting that segment of the tank to purely crypts oh well will give it a while longer another month or so see how it goes

had a bit of a surprise today went to do a water change and there's about 50 fry flying around the tank.

unsure what they're from yet its either glass cats, harlequins or the lone female guppy that was in there (the last male died like 3 months ago so i put her in the small tank on her own)

carefully doing the water change I only managed to scoop up one baby and returned it to the tank so guess in a few days/weeks I'll know what it is thats spitting out babies :)

its not really grown in any more being low tech growth is slow so not much to show perhaps in a couple more weeks there may be some noticable difference

Back