• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello!

TomP

Seedling
My name is Tom and I live in south west London. I'm completely new to aquariums (apart from a couple of fish when I a child and vague memories of a tropical tank at my grandmother's). A friend who's into his aquascaping and owns a couple of nano tanks recently offered me a spare optiwhite nano. I gladly accepted and am here to work out what I need to do to get it going.

I know very little about plants, but am a chemist studying for a PhD so I should be hopefully be alright with the chemical aspects of maintaing a tank! My flat is also unbelievably small so there are space constraints not just with the tank but also things like filtration.

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom :wave: to the ukaps gang.

Once you bit the bullet and get involved in this plant and fish-keeping malarkey you will have a hobby for life. :crazy:
It will heap frustrations on you that you wont think you can conquer, but perseverance is the key to success.
There's lots of help on here....we've got a great bunch of aquascapers....who are always up to give advise.
Cheers
hoggie

Back