• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

homemade spraybar

Well i have finally managed to get the bits together to make my spray bar but i dont know if i should drill lots of small holes or fewer large holes.
the spaybar will be around 6 foot long, 34mm ID and will need to flow around 4000 lph. i was thinking about 6mm hole but i would need about 32 in total.
cheers, chris

Hi Chris
I would start with smaller holes say 3mm you can always re-drill if too small.
One tip i can give is cellotape some graph paper to the acrylic pipe then mark each square to be drilled.
You will get a uniform spacing doing this....and its neater.
Also you could drill more holes at a 45 degrees to the main holes..this will give you some flow from the spray-bar downwards which would be a bonus.
Cheers
hoggie

trick to cutting or drilling any plastic stop it cracking/spidering is to cover it with masking tape before cutting also help for marking the holes you can also try 6mm holes first if you don't like the flow start on increase few holes at a time with say an 8mm hole to you get what you looking for you may want try drilling different holes sizes and get different flow patterns

Wrap a thick tab of tape around the drill bit a a depth to cut plastic this will stop you going throw and hitting the plastic behind

Remember if you start small you can always make bigger if its not what your looking for

3mm is a good start. i think i remember Clive saying you need work out the area of your filter hose, then divided that by the amount of area in your chosen spray bar holes, that will give you how many holes to cut.

yeah i have worked all that out which is how i know i need 32 6mm holes, if i drill 3mm holes i will need 64 that way i will have the same cross sectional area as the pipe

Back