• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

8L Nano for Shrimp

This is my first proper go at a nano so here goes:
The tank is a TMC microhabitat with a clip on LED lighting unit and built it 150lph filter.
The substrate is TMC nutrasoil and fertilisation will be TPN+ and Easy Carbo
The hardscape is Blue Stone from The Planted Box and the proposed plants are C.wendtii green, S.repens and P.helferi, I may put some E.acicularis in there too.
Thanks to everyone over on the Tropical Fish Forums who helped me, most notably Ian who helped with the rock placement.

IMG_0860.jpg

Besides the plants it'll be just shrimp, I'd like some CRS but at the moment I have about 10 Cherry Shrimp waiting to go in.

Alright, cherrys will probably be the best for this tank if your not using RO water or you could always get some low grade crsytal red. Blue Pearl Shrimp and Yellow Shrimp need the same water parameters as the Red Cherry Shrimp and should also be fine in this tank.

Heres a little information i put together about some shrimp hope it helps

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19266

Mitchell.

I live these little tanks!

You don't need RO water for CRS, it does give you total control over parameters but not essential. The main thing is to keep your water in check, which I'm sure you'll do anyway ;)

Look forward to the updates

very nice Jack! i think the repens will just make this little nano. Well done mate!

Quite a lot of die off from the Crypts but they're growing back, the lower leaves of the P.helferi have receded also but they're growing which is good. S.repens added:

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

Nice, that is a very pretty Betta, I'll take a better tank shot tonight when I get the tripod out, the others were taken whilst holding the camera and I don't have steady hands!

Always nice to see what another person can do

Ive always kept large tanks never tried a nano cube but seeing tanks like this makes me want to start a few really nice tank be looking forward to see how it matures

Back