• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First planted effort

vygec

I was keeping malawis for a number of years, and had a change of heart and fancied the planted route. For the last few weeks or so, have been busy with this. Its a juwel Trigon 350. Open to any ideas, on how this could be improved?

imag0143ot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see the tank with some brighter lighting to illuminate the overhang... I am right aren't I ? There is an overhang ? (hopes he has not just said something stupid, lol) I have to say I am very impressed though.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it means alot coming from you planted gurus :)

To be honest, i started with the sole intention of using artificial plants. It was only when i popped into the LFS and saw the the artificial stuff in person, i knew this wasnt for me.
The tank was always a fish aquarium first, and then plants second. However, i think slowly, i have spent more time on the plants :)
Lighting is standard Juwel T8, which only gives me 1wpg, i have been dosing aquariumplantfoodUK's all in one fertiliser every few days, along with easycarbo daily. I hope to have my pressurised co2 setup in a few days.

Dolly Sprint:I have some christmas moss on the front growing on some rocks, which i will expand to the front when this grows in a bit more.
Antipofish: Its very difficult to take a picture of a tank which is curved, which is why i think the pictures have come out to give the effect like that. otherwise, the lighting isnt great with it being T8, but i was hoping to get away without having to change over to T5 lighting.

Back