• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO² Regulator Problem

try this if you unsure cut you cable tie holding the bottle open so that there only a small amount of presure try that big nut anti clock wise it dose look adjustable if it turns without hissing then follow the instructions above you will get it worked out eventually

Okay, unscrewed okay but no difference. Having taken off the nut there is a spring and spigot inside. It would appear that screwed in (as it was initially) fully is minimum pressure. Would you agree?

i-d87Z7f4-L.jpg

i wouldn't of undone it all the way just few turns to see if this had any affect on the line presure gage if there a spring in it put all back together as it came out tighten it up

it dose look adjustable if it has a spring and a valve inside you just got to find whats closed and open going to be bit of experimenting as all regulators are different

being able to adjust the bottle presure here is the main point of the regulator so if not adjustable here not sure how it can regulate a bottle presure from 50 bar to 2/2.5bar

the needle valve is only for the fine adjustments most welding regulator don't have needle as they don't require fine adjustments they regulate the presure on the main valve

gas-welding-regulator-775912.jpg

Put it back together and try and find open and closed without taking it off you should find it it may only be like 3 turns in or out to open or close once you got that then you can start to set it up

sussex_cichlids said:
how you getting on mark did you work it out mate

Thank you for asking. I havent been able to change the pressure. I have emailed the supplier but not much help so far. Surely the guage pressure must be adjustable?

Did you put it all back together tighten it as tight as it will go with the spanner without over tightening it

i was looking at your pictures of it in bits of the spring and the nut with the pin on it and thinking about it a bit more to close that value the pin will have to be all the way in

so if you can nip it up tight without over tightening it turn gas on see if the line pressure gauge rises if not then you got the valve closed

then you can set it up

sussex_cichlids said:
Did you put it all back together tighten it as tight as it will go with the spanner without over tightening it

i was looking at your pictures of it in bits of the spring and the nut with the pin on it and thinking about it a bit more to close that value the pin will have to be all the way in

so if you can nip it up tight without over tightening it turn gas on see if the line pressure gauge rises if not then you got the valve closed

then you can set it up

Thanks SC, Yes I have done that. I wasn't around yesterday when gas fired up but I was today and it started up okay and has remained at a steady level, so I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Back