• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu's 90x45x45 Apalala Shore - IAPLC 2012 #114 - AGA 2012 #3

Re: Stu's 90x45x45 Dragon Stone Scape

WOW ! worth the wait. Great stuff Stu

enjoying these pics. lots to see.

It looks great Stu! Very well done indeed and great photos too. It has so many different aspects to it as well, I really like the arch and pathway.... I'll be watching this mature :clap:

thanks all. I got lucky with the wood for the arch. Ive also hd no lifting as I tied them all together with bonsai wire then weighted one or two branches down with rock. I did swap out the last hardscape design which had the claw piece of wood and changed it for one that was less imposing and didn't touch the arch.

Filling was interesting as the sand in the arch kept disappearing down the cracks! A little bit of filling in was needed in some areas :) I've got to get those ferns growing downwards now instead of sticking up!

looks like nice dimension of tank. Not too deep and a nice length and width.

Amazing! Looks great now, it's gonna be breathtaking later!!!! ( :D )

Viv

Stu's 90x45x45 Dragon Stone Scape

Stu, it looks great planted up mate. Keep the progress pics coming!

Thanks all. done some more pics tonight and trying my hand at editing videos although not going too feel at the moment as I have a vertical flicker on the vids. Im not sure if its my shutter speed syncing with the MH light or something ??

That's a very intricate and innovative layout Stu :thumbup:
With such attention to detail the sense of scale is excellent, i look forward to seeing it grow in.

Cheers,
James

Cheers James :) It took a few nights of fiddling to get it where I wanted it. I could do with getting some mini ferns now for the craggs as I dont want a big bunch of ferns taking over the hardscape like in my last tank. Might look at getting some of those trident ferns from AE.

Thanks Paulo. I think it will have to be back to Iwagumi next time as Ive not done one for a while :)

Sweet Lord Stu, that is breathtaking in scale, depth and overall feel.

Just a little update.

The stems are growing at the back. Ive hacked back some of the ferns to get new growth.

Day 1

6716439859_f74d77ae5c_o.jpg
90x45x45 Planted Tank by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

Today (week 2) - it hasn't changed much :lol:

There's a few subtle differences. The valley is higher and has more stone. There's a bit more fissidens one planted on stones to fill in some gaps. There are some cherry barbs. The hydro has started sprouting and the hair grass is moving and has had several trims.

Ive seen some purple harlequins in TGM this week which I'm going to get next week. They'll hopefully look really good swimming through the arch :)

6775199537_79a9ae895d_o.jpg
90x45x45cm dragon stone scape by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

any advice on creating a mound, will be starting my island this weekend. thinking tight socks filled with sand and rocks to prevent slipping.

this is a really nice scape, would love to be able to create something that stunning. How many kg of rock did you use?

Back