• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Tracker

I was searching google this morning for a good aquarium tracking software i use to use similar piece of software for tracking the bloodlines of the bearded dragon i use to breed keeping notes on health, worming and vet appointments

Just come across this Aquarium Lab 2012 http://www.aquariumlab.com/
its only $25 so far looking very good piece of software save keeping a written dairy anymore
47430-Aquarium_Lab.jpg

Just wondering if any other members are using this or similar type of software

As someone who spends all day plebbing around in Excel because he can't bring himself to spend time figuring out how to create a proper database, I can imagine nothing that would ruin my hobby more than having to plug it all in to a spreadsheet :lol:

To each their own though!

Far better then anything you can do in excel

Get the free 30day demo from there site above

just set it up for one of you tanks then generate a report would take ages to make all the algorithms and macros its far more advanced then anything you can do with excel give it ago your be impressed and will ditch the excel sheet once you start using it

BigTom said:
I don't have any data though, all I do is top up the water when it gets a bit low...

Got a tape measures grab that get the demo and start adding a tank it will start giving useful info you can use stright away.

Add lights, filter, heater information get you electic cost per KW off electric bill and it will generate electrical report with estimated cost.

Track the water chemistry just by entering water test results when you do them.

Add your plants, inverts, fish keep track of a wealth of information

Also track any medication, ferts anything you dose just got add the information which you can find on google took me about 20min to do one of my tanks

Publish your reports to an ftp sever and share with other people/experts

I'm liking it so far

It seems a bit overkill for the average hobby aquarist. Is this aimed at labs or public aquariums?

Surely the easy bit is analysing the data the hard part is collecting it?

sussex_cichlids said:
I was searching google this morning for a good aquarium tracking software i use to use similar piece of software for tracking the bloodlines of the bearded dragon i use to breed keeping notes on health, worming and vet appointments

Just come across this Aquarium Lab 2012 http://www.aquariumlab.com/
its only $25 so far looking very good piece of software save keeping a written dairy anymore
47430-Aquarium_Lab.jpg

Just wondering if any other members are using this or similar type of software

I dont mind using spreadsheets when they are useful. I just feel for planted tanks most of this is not going to add much for me. Reef tank, much more so.

I use and electricity cost calculator every now and then for all the equipment I use in display and breeding tanks.

Back