• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What fish do you rate

rolexbene

I have just set up my first 60l iwagumi tank, I am currently waiting for the plants to grow in using the DSM.
what fish would you recommend for such a small tank, I am looking for small shoaling fish obviously, but may also add alge eater or two. Any help, advice, pictures or videos would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ben.

Have a look here ThinkFish Community Creator

This may help create the right community for your tank it has a ok database of fish it will tell you min group numbers to consider when stocking average temperature based all the fish that you stocked also tell water parameter to aim for as well as stocking level and any incompatibilities you may get

jpbkgp.png

It could be loads better better if developers thought about it but if your a newbie it will save you the expense of buying any incompatible fish not suitable for your tank

Hi Ben and welcome to UKAPS!

Fish selection is largely a personal choice as we all have different tastes.

Generally speaking an Iwagumi tends to suit one species of fish, perhaps more if it's a more complex design.

Small tetras and rasboras are favoured due to their shoaling nature. Two classics are cardinal tetras and harlequin rasboras.

IMO stocking guidelines are almost redundant in today's planted tank hobby with many aquariums being hugely overfiltered with a combination of super plant growth and the consequential nutrient uptake, as well as large frequent water changes. In such a 60 litre system a nice shoal of up to 20 fish is fine with half a dozen or so Otocinclus and as many shrimp as you like, within reason.

Cheers,
George

Trigonostigma Espei would be perfect imo. You could fit a nice shoal in that sized tank. Basically a smaller version of Harlequin Rasbora's (Hence the name 'false') And maybe some kind of Shrimp just to add a little movement to the lower levels.

For some unknown reason I love the thought of a betta floating over the mountain tops, maybe some dragonesque issues my subconcious is harboring.

Back