• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid valve replacement.

geoffbark

Hi all,

I have one of those wonderful TMC V2 regs :rolleyes: ( well im a glunten for punishment and have two of them :arghh: )

Does anyone have any suggestions where i can get a new solenoid valve for one of them. It has started to pass one bubble per 3 sec when switched off.

I have contacted TMC and they have the best customer service/after sales in the world!!!!!!
they suggested that i buy a new reg from them as the units are sealed and spare parts can't be purchased. :twisted:

Thanks G

This what you have
a9127d1889dbafdecd8864798a5282d5.image.500x500.jpg

Hi Geoff
You get back on to the seller pronto... and tell them if the company that supplies the regulators don't do repairs or do spare parts the unit must be re-placed.
You have consumer rights....don't be fobbed off.
The item you have bought must be fit for the purpose it was purchased for...if the seller is unwilling to replace the regulator tell them you want your money back.
hoggie

I was just about to say same thing there seams to be no spears or replacement parts available so if you just purchased this as a new item then i would return it straight away for ether a refund or replacement

sussex_cichlids said:
I was just about to say same thing there seams to be no spears or replacement parts available so if you just purchased this as a new item then i would return it straight away for ether a refund or replacement

It doesn't matter if its new or not...the item must be fit for the purpose over a reasonable amount of time.
hoggie

I had this problem with my tmc regulator. I got it working right by taking the solenoid apart, giving it a good blow out and it worked fine ever since!

I agree with Hogan, don't be pushed around. Whats a seller that can't service what they sell... I've heard of explosions when these units fail under the wrong conditions so be careful. Scared the mess out of them when it went...

sussex_cichlids said:
This what you have
a9127d1889dbafdecd8864798a5282d5.image.500x500.jpg

Yep thats the one, like i said i have two of them, the one that has broken has a different solenoid to this picture. It is only about 1 year old, so out of warranty. The other which looks just like your picture is 3 years old and still working.

Hoggie thanks for the link!

Its not that i like being walked over by big companies, i gave them more than enough chance to rectifiy the problem, even if they decided to help now i would refuse. I have spent £1000s of my hard erned money on products from TMC, and will not be buying anymore or supporting them any further.

Hence the thread, in search for another company that supplies solinoids.

How about burket or clippard anyone use them and bought them from the UK?

Matty1983 said:
I had this problem with my tmc regulator. I got it working right by taking the solenoid apart, giving it a good blow out and it worked fine ever since!

i will give this ago and let you know thanks :D

Geoff said :arrow: It is only about 1 year old, so out of warranty. The other which looks just like your picture is 3 years old and still working.
Hi Geoff
It doesn't matter if the regulator is out of warranty....the point is it should work longer than 1 year.
The above statement which is relating to another TMC regulator that hasn't had a fault gives support that this particular regulator may have a inherent fault.

That takes me too...if you open the regulator your consumer rights may be nil and void...so get back onto the seller and push for a satisfactory outcome.
Cheers
hoggie

As above take it back, i had similar problems, they replaced it the 1st time and the second time i wouldnt leave untill it was refunded, just have to be persistant :)

Back