• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2011 3rd Place 60-120L!! 60cm iwagumi scape

icepotato89 said:
i went on holiday for 3 weeks during christmas and newyear and left my sister in charge of my tanks. needless to say this one turned to $h!t. ive slowly been bringing it back and finally things are looking good. HC needs to fill in again

what was your sister doing different or not doing for the tank to deteriorate so?

nearly there, dirty pipes.

DSCN3966.jpg

nice recovery!

question: is it an electrical toothbrush seen on the right? are you using it for cleaning rocks? :)

This tank is really nice :)

A few questions:

1) as stated in the post above - is that an electric toothbrush used for cleaning?

2) whats the background plant - on the right

Thanks x

yep electric toothbrushes are the best for getting in cracks and you dont have to scrub as much so you don't disturb the position of the rocks.

background plant is blyxa japonica.

the nano tank on the left has a 10w LED floodlight from ebay, that tank is very overgrown at the moment.

Hey, lovely tank out there mate. Very natural and eye pleasing rock layout. What is the tank looks like ADA 60-p:D the same dimentions they are close to perfection with the golden ratio 60-30-36. You prove again that HC doesnt require strong light and special substrates:clap: :thumbup: Love your rock placement and hardskape flow....no eye distraction at all....:D What is your experience with silicate sand? Looks like algae magnet to me...the same in my tank no algae on the rock but on te sandy area. Did you notice gas traped in the sand? What about water circulation in the sand? Keep up the good work and welcome to the UKAPS:D :wave:

Lovely layout and great journal. Definitely deserved the placing. It's good to see it looking so good even with less maintenance/light/dosing .:)

thanks everyone,

i'm bringing this tank to work tomorrow for Subscape Aquarium's Re-launch event. It's going to stay there so i can setup a new one at home.
Here's a video done with a friend of mine, the music is by me and another mate:

much better in 720p

Just stumbled across your journal. The tank looks amazing. I love the fact you just used sand. My lfs used sand in all his planted tanks and they grew amazingly well. Just shpws you don't need to spend a small fortune on fancy substrate systems if you get everything else right. Looking forward to your next scape.
Charlie

nice tank.. is that hollow stainless/alum bar to hang your lamp?
sorry for my bad english

Back