• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eheim 2080

freelanderuk

At the moment i use 2 eheim 2075's( these are 2073 with 2075 new pump heads fitted) on my 5 foot tank , i have just bought a 2080 to use and intend to buy another and run 2 off them on the same tank, my question is, as these filters have 2 inlets and 1 outlet do i run the inlets at the same position in the tank or 1 at the bottom near the substrate and 1 half way up the tank, would my aquamedic 1000 reactor work on an inlet pipe or leave on the outlet with spray bars ( running 2 aquamedic reactors)any tips or ideas welcome
cheers
chris

Hi mate. I run a 2080 also but think you'll find that running the aqua medic on one of the inlets would make it quite difficult to prime the filter or reduce the flow through the intake.,

Positioning of the the intakes is up to you, I run both low down but one higher up and one down would work. You made need to pinch the hose on the higher one to allow the lower intake to fill with water then release the higher one.

Amazing filter though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks again , i will have to run with the 2073 till i get another , i got a brand new one with media for £210 delivered which i did not think was to bad

Back