• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA NA green bulb

Try these mate, I've just replaced mine with these and they are awesome. Colour is perfect

http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/Lamps/150W ... RX7s-6500K

It's the GE bulbs I use and growth has gone mental. Works out at 30 pound for 2 inc delivery.
They also sell the iwasaki in that list too which are supposed to have amazing PAR levels if you want to stretch to 30 each.
In my opinion and I've has many different bulbs, the GE ones are awesome. So much so I've ordered a few for spare..

According to the TGM page for this bulb it is only compatable with ADA equipment.

Quote "* ADA confirmed the metal halide lamp compatibility only with our genuine lighting equipments."
http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/sh ... alide-150w

However theres plenty of examples on the american forums of people using them in any RX7 type 150w MH units

pretty sure mark evans put an ADA bulb in one of his non MH lights. send him a pm to check?

Good price on those other bulbs. I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison on one to the ADA na green as mine is overdue for replacement but still going strong.

I've used a fair few halide bulbs, although I've never wanted to part with the amount it costs for 2 Ada bulbs. It's more than I paid for my unit ha ha. But, I do know that the GE bulbs have massively increased growth in my tabk and pearling is mental. I would have gone for the iwasaki had I had the spare money but to be honest I'm massively impressed with the GE ones.

easerthegeezer said:
Thanks George... so the next question,

Do they justify the price tag?
Only you can really answer that question.

Some folk love the NA-Green. Others hate it. I've not used one myself but have seen in over a few tanks in the flesh. It's lovely for bringing out the greens, but for reds it's not so good IMO. Also, as a keen photographer that usually relies on aquarium lighting only, the NA-Green is weak at providing accurate colour rendition.

In terms of PAR and PUR i.e. useable light to grow plants, it may not be as efficient compared with cheaper brands either.

With its biggest spectral peak in the green, it may appear very bright to our eyes, but with most freshwater plant photosynthesis occurring with mostly red and blue spectra, it's not so effective.

There's evidence of relatively low PAR readings taken from the Nature Aquarium gallery using these bulbs, which partially explains their lean dosing regime (although the ADA substrate system is very effective at providing sufficient nutrients.)

Back