• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hagen luminary

Themuleous

I popped into a local garden centre that has an OK fish section and saw that you can get a new hagen luminary. Its the one thats over their new Osaka range of tanks. Unfortunately it didnt have a price tag and I cant find anyone selling it on the net.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen/hear of these, there was a thread on the PFK forum about them a while back.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=105&PROD_ID=01039100030101

I particularly like that the bulbs are set quite deep into the the unit with a reflector wrapped around them should make them efficient at getting the light into the tank.

Sam

I saw the same thing in PFK this month (p. 119).. it had me a little curious too!

It goes into the vital stats there as well.

24, 39, 54W T5HO
Single or double light units.
integrated extention brackets - 23"-40" (24W) 35"-52" (39W) 47"-64" (54W)
Integrated reflector.

Thats all I could glean so far... Just couldnt find the price!

A little off-topic, but I'm a bit confused about the whole Hagen, Juwel, Fluval branding. I thought Hagen were the company that made Fluval filters and Juwel tanks. But then I found out that there are also Fluval branded tanks but both come with Hagen/fluval branded stuff. Have I lost the plot?

Juwel is Juwel...

Hagen is Hagen & Fluval (and prolly some others too).

I've just been into my LFS and they have a range of these in both twi and single tube versions.
The double T5 versions for a 36" is listed as about £60 and, as Sam said, they do look pretty good at first glance. They were selling the reflectors separately too and they look like decent 'gull-wing' ones too.

Back