• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Puff in his new tank

Aww bless him I love puffers they always look so sad and cute at the same time. My LFS had some MBU puffers in a huge display tank a while back, they were amazing to see.

Aww bless him. What kind of puffer is he? He looks sooo cute! Do love my puffs :) I've got a takifugu ocellatus and a fig 8 at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk - so if my post makes no sense you know why!!

Ooh, never seen those for sale. Love the little face!

My fugu is hard work! He's very worth it, but complicated lol. I've had him nearly 6 months now though, and so far so good he's in pretty good condition. I keep him in a 4x1x1 tank with external filter and lots of water movement at 20 degrees and 1.015. Food is the main problem. He needs a thaimin-free diet, but a varied diet. And the only offerings I usually find are cockles or cockles! So he gets the odd bloodworms and very occasional mussel. Although he does always get vitazin vitamin supplement as well. Tried him on locusts a while ago since their nutritional content is spot on. But seeing a puffer bite the bum off a locust and then sit there watching it wiggle was enough to put me off live feeding for life!! I know nature is cruel, but there's cruel and there's too cruel!

He's called Mushroom by the way. Since its traditional to bump your o/h off for the insurance money by feeding him poisoned mushrooms!! I can just feed my o/h the puffer! Lol. Bit morbid, but we thought it would be a funny name...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk - so if my post makes no sense you know why!!

It's not a pretty sight! But the nutritional content is actually really good. If I can dig out the link anywhere once I have my computer back I'll share it :)

Back