• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Ripple testing

Antipofish said:
So getting the ripples.. whats the trick ?

Getting the ripples is the easy part....hairdryer....It's the lighting that's tricky.

I'm thinking of adding a second hairdryer...Need to see the neighbour.

eg.jpg

viktorlantos said:
I know ATI lights easily shoot much more to the tank with it's great reflectors. Probably the same with your Giesemann.

The Geissman reflectors are tremendous. So even.

Viktor. I'm not sure if you shoot RAW?...much more power in your hands. Underexposing can give you higher shutter speeds, and then pull it back in editing. It's like having extra ISO. But not actually using it(but you get the benafit)...if that makes sense.

Mark Evans said:
Antipofish said:
So getting the ripples.. whats the trick ?

Getting the ripples is the easy part....hairdryer....It's the lighting that's tricky.

I'm thinking of adding a second hairdryer...Need to see the neighbour.

eg.jpg

viktorlantos said:
I know ATI lights easily shoot much more to the tank with it's great reflectors. Probably the same with your Giesemann.

The Geissman reflectors are tremendous. So even.

Viktor. I'm not sure if you shoot RAW?...much more power in your hands. Underexposing can give you higher shutter speeds, and then pull it back in editing. It's like having extra ISO. But not actually using it(but you get the benafit)...if that makes sense.

Another SIMPLES ! Excellent idea. Glad to see you have taped it up ! Love the lights there too. Man I am gonna be permanently broke !

I must stress, the hairdryer trick isnt mine, but rather Takashi Amano's. :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
I must stress, the hairdryer trick isnt mine, but rather Takashi Amano's. :thumbup:
Was it not Sir Alex Ferguson..... :lol:

love it! that background looks great.

have you tired taking the end off that hairdryer, it will give a better blow on the water.

love the way for moss is growing
are you now taking final shots and than already going to the next project?

ianho said:
have you tired taking the end off that hairdryer, it will give a better blow on the water.

believe it or not, it minimzes the flow of air without. the nozzle directs it better.

Jur4ik said:
are you now taking final shots and than already going to the next project?

No mate. The final shoot is some way away.

Here's a crop of the final image of this session at least...

6823200965_cb5d549be7_b.jpg
ripple-test-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Wow, this blue is awesome, it looks like the moss pads surrounded by light, hows that achieved?

Nice ripples!

The images are even better with the UWA and fish in-shot. Truly incredible photography and aquascaping. World-class. Really.

I've been shooting my shallow today and was quite happy with the results. Now I'm left wanting - you git! :D

George Farmer said:
Nice ripples!

The images are even better with the UWA and fish in-shot. Truly incredible photography and aquascaping. World-class. Really.

I've been shooting my shallow today and was quite happy with the results. Now I'm left wanting - you git! :D

Erm, UWA? :oops:

hands up who just had to look up TLA

:wave:

:D

George Farmer said:
Nice ripples!

I've been shooting my shallow today and was quite happy with the results. Now I'm left wanting - you git!

:lol: Cheers George. It did take a full 2 days to get to this point.

It's a shame i cant post the full tank shot. It's good enough to post into IAPLC, so that's a good back up if i dont get an even better final shot.

Things that will change for the final image....

An even bigger background (to allow me to get closer to the tank @ 16mm
more fish, and wait for them to swim in the right place.
More lighting (flash)
One more trim.
allow HM to grow back (right side not visible)

all minor things, but they really need to happen for a proper shot.

Soon though, everyone should be seeing a version of this photo...keep your eyes peeled.

6834549725_7a15ff507f_b.jpg
Half-FTS by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Jur4ik said:
Wow, this blue is awesome, it looks like the moss pads surrounded by light, hows that achieved?

A lot of fiddling and playing around. and a well placed 54wt5 :thumbup:

I love that shot. Awesome stuff Mark. Are we allowed to place bets, or take guesses as to where it will 'appear' ? :)

Antipofish said:
I love that shot. Awesome stuff Mark. Are we allowed to place bets, or take guesses as to where it will 'appear' ?

I'll have a fiver on it...ermmm, but then i know the answer o_O I WIN!

Here's another shot.

6834881457_c2e6d42b93_b.jpg
square by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Love this last shot, everything looks in harmony.... except a stray otto and a pesky cherry barb! Those opaline gouramis look great up there near the sky blue surface, however i believe your cardinals must be fakes as they are sitting all too conveniently in that sweet spot again! :lol:
Great photos.
Ady.

Mark, can you endulge us and do a shot with the "inner sanctum" of that overhang illuminated ? It draws you to wanting to know more....

Thanks chaps.

Ady. For the final shot I'll be removing certain fish and adding extra tetras, so basic errors won't be made again. :)

Antipofish. Do I really have to move the tank for a 3rd time? :angelic: there's nothing there, but let your imagination believe that's there's little pixies or somthing similar :lol: a pot of gold maybe?......

Back