• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Uk, British rock with aquascapes

I've used a shale / slate on my new nano - but it doesnt look like a professional scape for sure... so the pics will be nothing like Stu's!!

get some pics up eboeagles, I'm sure it looks great :)

Can put the pics of mine up now as not blocked at home!

This rock was quarried from a new sewage works installation on the Llyn Peninsula, Wales.

22/11/2009

4125014057_5799155a4d_o.jpg

Final image of tank

4885824773_c7dbdf5183_b.jpg
90x45x45cm ADA Entry 2010 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

Looks great Stu.
Im using Cotswold Stone in mine, will post pics when I've finished the hardscape.

chilled84 said:
Fantastic stuff so far, Just seems there is not a great deal of people useing British UK rock in there scapes. :D

Would love too but not easy to get hold of in london, next time you are near a quarry feel free to pick me up a boot full :thumbup: :lol:

Arana said:
chilled84 said:
Fantastic stuff so far, Just seems there is not a great deal of people useing British UK rock in there scapes. :D

Would love too but not easy to get hold of in london, next time you are near a quarry feel free to pick me up a boot full :thumbup: :lol:

i could do just that if ya llike :D

Ok will upload some when I get a chance. Nice comments only please!!

My rock was from Tunnels Beaches in Illfracombe. I was there on my hols this summer & it was unbelievable - 3rd best rock pooling in the UK apparently...

An amazing beach with loads of shale/slate up for grabs. I've got loads - comes up tiny as well i collected bucket loads - much to the dismay of the mrs! so if u like let me know I can send... My scape wasn't really what I had planned but kinda felt right.

chilled84 said:
Arana said:
chilled84 said:

i could do just that if ya llike :D

I am currently googling quarrys in the south east, if i dont have any luck i think a family summer holiday in Devon might be in order this year :thumbup:

Yeah, there are great rocks in the uk. I also liked George's aquascape, a true classic.

For the london boys, such as myself, a trip outside the m25 is needed, it seems that the good stuff is all outside. :)

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

nelson said:
Arana said:
I am currently googling quarrys in the south east
These have a place in Thurrock,so not far from you,Rainham ?.

http://www.ced.ltd.uk/html/contact/

Nelson you are now my hero! thank you! :thumbup: looks like they have some really nice stuff especially like the look of their Harlequin Rockery Stone 8)

Hi everyone

This is a really inspiring post, I've been looking around shops and been really dissappointed with the quality of the stones I have found and how expensive they are.

So looking around the UK and using local stone looks like its produced great results.

I am from Nottingham and was thinking of going to look around Derbyshire and see what I can find.

Has anyone used any Derbyshire stone, or any other kind of stone that is near the East Midlands.

Thanks
James

alginonuk said:
Hi everyone

This is a really inspiring post, I've been looking around shops and been really dissappointed with the quality of the stones I have found and how expensive they are.

So looking around the UK and using local stone looks like its produced great results.

I am from Nottingham and was thinking of going to look around Derbyshire and see what I can find.

Has anyone used any Derbyshire stone, or any other kind of stone that is near the East Midlands.

Thanks
James

glad my thread inspires.

not as gooda scapes as the others, but heres an old one of mine using stone found in a local laked area to me.

stonemove.jpg

Back