• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

300L MA store tank - First trim

chilled84 said:
If you look closely lol The guy in the backround of one of them pics has been caught zipping his fly low up lol :lol:

Well spotted Chilled - we've had him removed form the premises ;)

john starkey said:
tank is looking super swish Tony,i see what you mean about the stone thats slipped down,easily fixed though,all in all exellent scape :thumbup: , john.

Thanks John, we've lifted the left hand stone a tad, but its slipped again :( We need to engineer a better solution.

Tom said:
Looks really nice, great growth :D And yeah, nice catch with the flies! Tom

Thanks Tom :)

Update...

The saggitaria has suffered some of the past week or two, as we were having issues with CO2. The filter we had the CO2 diffuser on was not powerful enough, so it wasnt breaking the CO2 up enough, hence there was only really enough in the half of the tank - which was where the dc was :rolleyes:

We've moved the diffuser onto the other side of the tank, with the more powerful filter, and already there is a big change in the sag', looking healthier, and greener already.

Otherwise, we've had several unexplained shrimp deaths, and have an infestatoin of snails, which should be taken care of by the Botia Striata we've just added. We've also decided on the main shoal of fish, and have ordered 120 Long-Finned White Cloud Mountain Minnows :)

Sorry, the pics are rubbish, but I only had the phone with me. I'll take the camera next time and get some new pics, and will sort out the splurdge on the background too ;)

Tony

Photo%20Mar%2020,%207%2024%2012%20PM_prepped.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2020,%207%2024%2055%20PM_prepped.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2020,%207%2024%2012%20PM_prepped.jpg

I just popped into MA Weybridge today, got talking to the staff in there and they mentioned that Tony had 'scaped their tank a quick search and I've found this journal.

It's looking pretty different now, less nature aquarium, more jungle-based, but I rather like it. The tank has a large swathe of java-fern pretty much covering from the surface to most of the way down the right-hand side of the tank, very lush and verdant, along with a line of red-crypt below it.

The right-hand side at the back has one or two of what I think was either Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae or Crinum Natans (looking at the Tropica catalogue for ID...) right in the corner. The slates on this side are still visible, backed by a thick growth of vallis (or something similar, I was distracted by the glosso :) ) in front there's a glosso-carpet, there are two mounds of riccia towards the middle and some clumps of HC, not exactly manicured, but still all very healthy and lush.

There's a massive shoal of long-fin white-cloud mountain minnows in there, along with amano and cherry shrimps (all over the place), the red of the white-clouds looks very impressive against this lush jungle-style background.

They've moved the diffuser, the inline TMC diffuser wasn't working well-enough, so they've gone for an in-tank ceramic diffuser and are blowing it round the tank with a larger hydor koralia powerhead aimed from the right behind the java-fern forest.

They've moved off from dry-ferts after the "shrimp incident" to one of the easy liquid fertiliser products (I think it was ProFito?), they also dose easy-carbo in addition to the CO2 as they say it doesn't do any harm and helps with the algae.

I was kicking myself that I didn't get a photo at the time, as just now I wanted to show my wife the fish-choice (she wants cardinal tetras in our tank but I'm quite taken by the long-fin white-cloud mountain minnows now! :)), I'm also I'm thinking of taking the slate idea for my tank when it's finally up and running again, well-done Tony the tank's having it's desired effect, making me think about buying lots of stuff! :D

I'll try and get a pic next time I'm over there. I'm going to try and order some plants through them from Aquadip sor Aquafleur so I should be popping in over the next few weeks to collect them all being well.

Back