• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Substrate II+ Anybody familiar with it?

Quetzalcoatl

Stumbled upon this site earlier stocking this product. Aqua Substrate II+
http://www.aquaworld.ie/26,120,aqua-substrate-ii-black

Has anybody come across this substrate, or have any experience with it? It`s packed with additional nutrients, seems like it could be a viable alternative to Amazonia for those looking to save a few pounds?

The website doesn`t look half bad actually. They stock ADA, and Tropica products. Plus supply custom tanks! OptiWhite rimless 90x45x45cm - 182l (10mm glass) yours for £227.00 Delivered :woot:

Apologies for the blatant plug. But prices like that are too good not to share?
Disclaimer......I have no affiliation, or interests with Aquaworld. :shifty:

Looks identical to columbo etc. i may give them a try

Believe your on the look out for a new tank Alastair. Have a quick look at the ones on there. I was very suprised? So much so, I`m having grand ideas, that will not go down too well with the wife.... :twisted:

Sounds almost too good to be true
Almost too good to be true is normally the case isn`t it? Probably be a £50 tax ontop of prices upon reaching the checkout. :lol:

Quetzalcoatl said:
Looks identical to columbo etc. i may give them a try

Believe your on the look out for a new tank Alastair. Have a quick look at the ones on there. I was very suprised? So much so, I`m having grand ideas, that will not go down too well with the wife.... :twisted:

Sounds almost too good to be true
Almost too good to be true is normally the case isn`t it? Probably be a £50 tax ontop of prices upon reaching the checkout. :lol:

I've just been having a look on there site at the optiwhites and can honestly say, I'm swaying to getting one from them. Will be emailing them tomorrow regarding total cost and nipping for a 150 or 180 opti and stand.
In the mean time, I'm going to give that substrate a try so will be getting a couple of bags next week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one mate. I will be interested to see how this transpires? Keep me posted on developments. :thumbup:

I`m planning something big for the summer. Custom cabinet has been designed, just got to find time to make it. I`ve also been looking around for custom tanks, and various substrate options. That`s what led me to the site!
I will happily let you play Guinea Pig. When do you plan on setting up with the Aqua Substrate II+ ? After the move I presume?

Yes mate. Unless I was being dumb I couldn't see cabinets on their site so will mention that in the email I'm sending them. If shipping is more then it might just be worth me sticking to columbo as its only 30 quid a bag here anyway. I think if I'm right it works out at about 26 pound a bag for their stuff, is that right. And I'd prob need 3 maybe 4 bags. They charge 20 euros for delivery to the uk. So would it work out any cheaper?? Hmmmmm

I do have this substrate in my tank as this substrate is made by company in my home country Poland.

Is much better than colombo much heavier and looks more like ADA I have binned my colombo after one year and this one is nearly 3 years old and still work well

Thank You Alzak.

That is very encouraging to know. :thumbup:
I would be interested to know how much you pay in poland. And could you supply us with any links to suppliers that may ship to the UK?

Thanks for the input. :clap:

:lol: :lol: Just seen your location. You are in the West Midlands. Ignore my foolishness!

alzak said:
I do have this substrate in my tank as this substrate is made by company in my home country Poland.

Is much better than colombo much heavier and looks more like ADA I have binned my colombo after one year and this one is nearly 3 years old and still work well

Alzak, where do you purchase this from then??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 6 bags on holiday in Poland and get this here with me .
One bag is around £17 plus shipping cost texture of this substrate is really good and You can get it in two colours brown and black

sklep.roslinyakwariowe.pl/podloza/aquasubstrate-czarny-granulat-54kg/607l-p-4560.html

this is link to Polish shop where I get mine from.

Alastair said:
Yes mate. Unless I was being dumb I couldn't see cabinets on their site so will mention that in the email I'm sending them. If shipping is more then it might just be worth me sticking to columbo as its only 30 quid a bag here anyway. I think if I'm right it works out at about 26 pound a bag for their stuff, is that right. And I'd prob need 3 maybe 4 bags. They charge 20 euros for delivery to the uk. So would it work out any cheaper?? Hmmmmm

Al don't they do free delivery for orders over a certain amount ?

£12.00 for a 5.4kg bag. :woot: Is it just me getting excited by this or what? With shipping costs on top it will still come in under half what I was going to pay for Amazonia!!

If you are seriously considering it Alastair, we could go in together? We could split the shipping costs, and maybe we might get a discount for ordering a large quantity? We aint too far away from each other either. Denton - Congleton 26 miles. Could meet at The Abyss. :lol:

Thanks Alzak for all the info on this by the way. The manufactures website looks quality too. Although I can`t get it to convert to English which is a shame.

Unless I was being dumb I couldn't see cabinets on their site so will mention that in the email I'm sending them
Regarding the cabinet mate. I wasn`t intending on buying from them. The BIG project for the summer was making my own. I have drawn the design. Just need to speak to a local timber yard to do the cuts for me.
I`ll give you a sneak preview. But :shh: It`s top secret at the min?
cabinet-01-1.jpg

Have you seen the prices for Optiwhite tanks on there too !? Crikey, a 30cm cube for about £40 and a 100x45x45 for under £200 ! Alastair, this might be good for you, depending on shipping costs for the tank.

Back