• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Substrate II+ Anybody familiar with it?

Quetzalcoatl said:
£12.00 for a 5.4kg bag. :woot: Is it just me getting excited by this or what? With shipping costs on top it will still come in under half what I was going to pay for Amazonia!!

If you are seriously considering it Alastair, we could go in together? We could split the shipping costs, and maybe we might get a discount for ordering a large quantity? We aint too far away from each other either. Denton - Congleton 26 miles. Could meet at The Abyss. :lol:

Thanks Alzak for all the info on this by the way. The manufactures website looks quality too. Although I can`t get it to convert to English which is a shame.

Unless I was being dumb I couldn't see cabinets on their site so will mention that in the email I'm sending them
Regarding the cabinet mate. I wasn`t intending on buying from them. The BIG project for the summer was making my own. I have drawn the design. Just need to speak to a local timber yard to do the cuts for me.
I`ll give you a sneak preview. But :shh: It`s top secret at the min?
cabinet-01-1.jpg

If you paste the link into google search bar instead, then you can click for google to transfer the page mate like this

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... %26tbo%3Dd

Even the Ada is bloody cheap. Pm me re the substrates mate and I can email the polish supplier and get a quote for it all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops have just re checked and it's only a 6 litre bag
Ahh, Had it in my mind that it was the same size as a bag of the Tesco cat litter, but they are 10kg. How many litres is that . I will probably need about 6-8 bags to do my 1000x450x500. Was planning on going Iwagumi, with high slopes. Would still work out cheaper. Be interesting to know how far 6 bags went for Alzak? Alzak........ :wave:

Abyss isn't too far either
Top shop isn`t it? Awesome livestock, but extortionate prices.:lol: Makes me want to turn to the dark side and become a salty every time I go there. They need to sort their plant selection though IMO. Always been a bit dissapointed with the standard stuff they keep. Health is always good though!

I will have to work out how much I need mate, then I will be in touch. Probably going to be around 8 if they are only 6ltr bags? But I would rather do the calculations when I`m in a better frame of mind. Off to get some much needed rest after a hectic day!......I`ll be back......:D

Don't forget about import duty guys, might make things seem a less good value
And the bubble bursts. :lol: Cheers mate, forgot about that. Any idea how much? Will have to research this more!

Correct me if I am wrong guys. You think 32 euros for 5.4 kg is a bargain :wideyed:
There is no magic. All these soils are made in pretty much same place with price being similar. So the end price should be quite similar also. The way they work is also similar. It is also not intended for long term use as it simply stops doing what it should after a year being it Colombo, Ada, aqua-art in that case, ebi-gold etc. If you plan the scape to run for 3 years get yourself some gravel and dose water.
I do think opts could be quite nice. Seen couple in person in London ADC. They get it from same guy I believe. Might be worth calling them for the substrate. :thumbup:

Correct me if I am wrong guys. You think 32 euros for 5.4 kg is a bargain

No mate I don`t. :lol: You must of followed the link in the initial post. I linked the site as I was interested to see if anyone had used that particular substrate before. Alzak joined the discussion and pointed us in the direction of a Polish supplier who has it advertised for 59,99 Polish Zloty. £12.00 GBP! Follow the link.
http://sklep.roslinyakwariowe.pl/podloza/aquasubstrate-czarny-granulat-54kg/607l-p-4560.html

The Optiwhites you refer to. Did you mean they came from the Aquaworld Aquariums site I linked?

Well when you add a price of shipping comes not that cheap. I am a bit surprised though approximately knowing wholesale prices.
Regarding optiwhites is a guess. I know aqua-art manager, bought shrimp from him in bulk and i see that this website has their products, their shrimp (pictures) so assuming the tanks would also come from same place as aqua-art also offers tanks. If someone goes ahead and tries this staff would be interesting to hear feedback. Like I say adc might have it. Going there tomorrow and will have a look. As i said dont expect prices to be different from other similar products in uk.

That is not cheap ;) especially for not that popular soil.
Been to ADC today. They dont have it and never tried.
Cheers.

Back