• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae Control in non-planted tank

Tom

I have always had trouble with short black hair algae covering the rocks and wood (but never gravel) in my Puffer tank, and haven't yet found a way to eliminate it. I now have the Fluval Roma 125 with 2xT8 bulbs as opposed to the 2xT5 I had before in the Juwel Rio 180, yet I still get the algae. The downstairs Goldfish tank with the same light setup and rocks doesn't get this problem. Both are heavily filtered, 50% water changes regularly, and both contain high waste-producing fish, same water source etc. Anyone got any ideas other than manual removal (tough going)?

In this here tank by ADG, how on earth do you control algae with 2x Halides, wood and white sand?
3044051287_7b19465793.jpg

Tom

That tank may be set for the picture, or the lights kept low. :)

Why not get some good grazers? Apple snails? They are large and the puffers should bother them. As the only plant material is algae the snails have a choice. Starve or eat what is there.

Back