• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much time do people spend actually watching their tanks?

Re: How much time do people spend actually watching their ta

I have a sofa facing my tank and nothing else :D

It helps to have interesting fish, my flame tetras are always active and fun to watch.

Like a lot of people I tend to try and have at least 30 mins a day just checking things over, looking for bad leaves, thinking about what to prune next, what to move where, what to evict etc. I often drag the 2 seater sofa from the other side of the room and relax with a vodka or a glass of wine in front of the tank.

Tonight I am working again and have to resist the temptation of putting the lights on the tank to have a peek. I left for work before light's on. In the past this has lead to problems but nowadays I can have 20 mins without any issues.

When I had RCS in the nano's I had to be dragged away from the tanks! :eek:

now i have started introducing some plants and im rethinking my tank views, i find myself losing an hour most days drifting in and out of good and bad ideas in front of the tank lol then i have to have a look on the other side just to keep things in balance :)

I'm never about to see them. If I do get chance to come home during the week, it's a quick 'lights on' check....'lights off' :?

Mark Evans said:
I'm never about to see them. If I do get chance to come home during the week, it's a quick 'lights on' check....'lights off' :?

Thats a pity mark cos your current tank is awesome. I would want to sit and admire it all day, and not get anything else done, LOL. But saying that, you get some awesome images and video footage, so you will be able to look back on them even after you close one down and start another. Maybe find yourself half an our at the end of the day, lights out except the tank, and a nice cold one :thumbup:

Every day the two tanks get inspected by me and the other half as soon as we get in and before we head to bed at night. Generally they get watched a few times during the evening too, we've got young shrimp in the larger tank so nearly always spend a bit of time and try and spot as many as we can :)

My roommate's at uni think I'm weird,I go into my room for at least an hour each evening to stare at it. It's so therapeutic! And its right next to my bed too :D

Kris

As my tank sits on my desk I find it extremely distracting, but I love it there as I can see everything clearly and up close. And its a shrimp tank and shrimp are enjoyable to watch. Nom nom nom'ing on all the algae and when they scrap at feeding time :p

old thread revisited, i spend double the time now :) The wife loves it :silent:

feb20122338.jpg

you all still watching yours?
Seems like many forum members have multiple tanks that were hearing of now and more are setting another nano or two up.....addictive isnt it?
Ady.

ianho said:
nice view Ady, you just need one for the middle now.

the empty sofa is mine.

7568283550_e9517c3ec0.jpg
my sofa by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

you can even put your feet up...nice :thumbup:

I think sometimes, I take for granted to look at my tanks for any amount of time.

Im one of them people who is always striving for that little bit better, and unfortunately in some cases its a bad trait to have. As your never satisfied with what you have achieved.

I know this as I spend all my spare time doing something with the tanks, as oppose to enjoying all the prior graft.

Never thought about this before.
Thanks Ady.

Unfortunately at the minute I've not seen my tank for a week so far but with my new set up I've found myself sat at my dining table getting a numb backside for a good few hours staring at it. Never get tired of it. My television is obsolete for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitey89 said:
I think sometimes, I take for granted to look at my tanks for any amount of time.

Im one of them people who is always striving for that little bit better, and unfortunately in some cases its a bad trait to have. As your never satisfied with what you have achieved.

I know this as I spend all my spare time doing something with the tanks, as oppose to enjoying all the prior graft.

Thanks Ady.

+1 to this. Discovered that if i sit further back then i dont just see all the niggles and actually enjoy viewing, alternatively with the marine i sit with my face an inch from the glass... beauty is in the detail with corals :wideyed:
either way i havent seen my marine or large tanks with the lights on for nearly 2 weeks now.. stupid shi(f)t work! :lol:

Whitey89 said:

Thanks Ady.
If you only know how much this reminds me of my self. I can look at any of my tanks for hours. That unfortunately gets me some times behind with work that I have to do.

I think Whitey has probably covered what most people think here.

I probably spend more time working on it than looking at it, but enjoy both.

Have just bought a magnifying glass and this is proving very popular with the kids, would recommend it.
They're now really into checking out the shrimps.

Whitey89 said:

Thanks Ady.
Think your absolutely bang on fella. Couldn't of hit the nail more square on the head!

:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

oddn0ise said:
I probably spend more time working on it than looking at it, but enjoy both.

Have just bought a magnifying glass and this is proving very popular with the kids, would recommend it.
They're now really into checking out the shrimps.

i was thinking of getting a magnifying glass too, have baby red cherry shrimp for the first time so I spend a lot longer viewing these days

Back