• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus bleheri

faizal

Hi,.. :) Does anybody have any experience growing this beautiful plant in a NON CO2 set up? I had the leaves removed down to just 2 leaves per stalk & stuck it into the substrate about a week ago. How long do we usually have to wait before seeing some new shoots? The crypt balansae gave out new shoots within 2 days.

Thank you Tom. Did you supply it with co2 or was it in a non co2 tank?
The Aquatic magic website ( www.aqmagic.com ) says the echinodorus species melts initially when placed in a new tank set up & hence they transport just the bulb which they advise us to sink into the substrate for a few days. I was a bit hesitant to completely remove all the leaves so I sort of just left about 2 leaves per plant bulb. I hope to have done the right thing :)

faizal said:
Thank you Tom. Did you supply it with co2 or was it in a non co2 tank?
The Aquatic magic website ( http://www.aqmagic.com ) says the echinodorus species melts initially when placed in a new tank set up & hence they transport just the bulb which they advise us to sink into the substrate for a few days. I was a bit hesitant to completely remove all the leaves so I sort of just left about 2 leaves per plant bulb. I hope to have done the right thing :)

I have planted about 5 different types of crypts in my "new" tank and had about three leaves melt in total ! If they melt, no worries, snip them off at the base and new ones will grow :)

Thanks guys :D Seriously ,.. these words of encouragement truly helps one to keep his hands off from the plants & let things settle in.

Tom you are right about the egeria,....despite some vertical growth,..the leaves keep coming off at the mid & bottom levels. Maybe I should try some Vals. I did mix some caco3 powder with the aqua soil,...hmmm.

Back