• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reducing filter flow

GillesF

Hello

I have too much flow in my tank, to the point that my E. Acicularis loses it's grip in the substrate. I'm using an Eheim 2073 (1050 l/h) on a 80-90 liter tank connected to a spray bar at the back.

What's the best method for reducing flow? I can point the spray bar more towards the surface but this probably won't do much. Can I use an Eheim "flow pump" on the outer tubing?

Thanks,
Gilles

the flow is adjustable on this filter, use the leaver where the pipes enter the filter head

Can also reverse the direction of flow by rolling the spray bar to posistion where flow hit's the glass. :silent:

freelanderuk said:
the flow is adjustable on this filter, use the leaver where the pipes enter the filter head

You mean part number 7428718 on this picture? Won't this damage the filter?

I prefer not to drill holes in my spray bar (Eheim installation set)

put more filter media in the cannister works too especially floss pads they slow flow down by large amounts

GillesF said:
freelanderuk said:

You mean part number 7428718 on this picture? Won't this damage the filter

Its not a flow adjuster, it says in the manual make sure the lever is in the fully on position.

m_attt said:
GillesF said:
freelanderuk said:

You mean part number 7428718 on this picture? Won't this damage the filter

Its not a flow adjuster, it says in the manual make sure the lever is in the fully on position.

Well, this is Eheim's reply:

Thank you for your email.

Yes its possible to adjust with the leaver. The filter does not suffer any harm by.

If you have further questions please don´t hesitate to contact us.

I'll check the manual too.

Gilles,
Have you filled all the chambers with media? If they are not all filled then putting more media in is a better way (albeit more expensive way) to lower the flow than restricting the piping.

Cheers,

Hi Clive

yes, the filter is completely full. I've reduced the flow using the safety lever. There's an icon on the lever indicating the flow capacity (see this picture, above the Eheim logo). I didn't know this fitler had that option.

GillesF said:
freelanderuk said:

You mean part number 7428718 on this picture? Won't this damage the filter?

I prefer not to drill holes in my spray bar (Eheim installation set)

yes thats it :D

Back