• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which fish for strong flow please

hixy

Hello Folks i have a 150ltr tank which has an ehiem 2229 filter on it.The flow in the tank is very strong.Any ideas on which fish to keep in the tank :D

that filters only rated at 1010lph, i have a 180 litre tank with a eheim rated at 1750lph and 750lph and no fish has ever seamed to bother about the flow. and theres a koralia in there.

If this is the one .....

The Eheim 2229
For Tank litre/gal: 600/132
Pump Output: 1050 l/h
Filter Circulation: 550 l/h
Dimensions: 415x210x210

Then the flow should be fine, so I think you just need to look at your spray bar design :)
It is not difficult to make your own from some clear acrylic tube, there is plenty info on the forum. :thumbup:

Well If you have alot of flow, White clouds like those conditions, my river tank also has Panda Garra which like a lot of flow too.

What temps are you running your tank at?

what fish do you have? Some will hate high flow rates and become stressed to breaking point.

I have found that any tetra species like high flow and also zebra danios love to play in the flow. Another good choice is harlequin rasboras they love loads of flow!

Along with fishes mentioned already,, Swordtails,loaches ,plecos,both large and small appreciate good movement.

Back