• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deep Jungle

madlan

I should have started this ages ago!

After a poor start (3 damaged aquariums with a fight to replace them...) I've finally got something to start working with.

Equipment list:

Aquarium: Fluval Profile 1200 (323l)
Lights 4 x 39W T5 (on 8 hours)
Blue LEDs for evenings
Substrate: Acadama (with peat\Osmocote under)
Water: Tap, 50% change weekly

Ferts: EI (James All in One dosed via Peri pump 40ml a day)
I plan to dose the follwing over a week (280ml\7days)
15g KNO3
5.7 KH2PO4
36g MgSo4
2.6g Trace

Got my EI chemicals ready:

photo1zo.jpg

Aquarium setup, and ready to go:

img0274bt.jpg

No leaks or cracks:
img0300mg.jpg

Osmocote in:
img0312mh.jpg

Thin layer of pure peat moss covered with Akadama:
img0328vr.jpg

Wood in:
img0330rn.jpg

Managed to fit a 2KG fire extingisher, dosing pump, AM1000 Reactor, external heater and a Fluval FX5 in one side of the stand:

img0298pc.jpg

img0039un.jpg

I planted 6 pots of UG but most of it died after initally appearing to prosper... (The tap water here is quite hard so this may have affected it)

54457174.jpg

Tried switching to RO and another 6 pots of UG but still failed - I've now split a pot of Glosso up and spread it about, hopefully I can get something to carpet!

Loving the Peices of bogwood.
And are those Hosepipe Tap Splitters you have used.
Eye spy Marbled Hatchet fish, and a nice sized group at that - :D :thumbup:

This showed a lot of promise. How come no updates ? I would love to have seen how this developed.

Hi

nice start indeed. Clean and clear. Re UG, why do you think it failed? Many people have it even with Hard water.. I am wondering because I too plan to put in UG in my tank & I too have hard water. Does increasing CO2 &/or playing with ferts help with this? I read that it should be planted with a little rockwool initially as it si fragile and does like fast changes. Are there any other issues?

-niru

Back