• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

water change water temp

hixy said:
If i do a 50% water change straight out the tap the water will be alot colder than the tank.Is that a problem for the plants

cheers

I always try and get the temp as close as poss. Why not mix hot and cold together ?

Assuming that you have an in-tank heater, and depending on the actual temperature difference, this is not a problem for plants but it will be a problem for fish.

Cheers,

If the water's going straight from the unit to the tank, and you're not changing a huge amount of water, I'd reckon it'll be fine. A 50% change probably not so good though. Doing more regular smaller changes might be the way to go.
I do top ups straight from the RO unit into my brackish tank, since it's close enough to the unit to be able to. With how slow my unit produces, the heater keeps up and the temps never really drop much at all unless it's a really, really cold day.

Back