• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A rather large tank!

Mark Evans

Expert
For those that follow George, on Twitter, some may know that we had the chance to scape a large aquarium for an up and coming PFK feature.

I cant give too much away via images, but here's one of Mr James Starr Marshall getting his crypto hands wet.He is indeed in the aquarium!

James1.jpg

There will be, at some point, plenty more images to come, along with a short video with some cracking clips!

The shop is no secret,so if you fancy going down, it's Maidenhead Aquatics @ Peterborough. Give it a week to settle, and venture down. :thumbup:

Seen this on twitter there is one photo of George in his trunks in the tank lol
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great opportunity for everyone involved, although i thought you guys would be doing the other MA tank which is x10 the size of this one.

Does anyone know anything about the large tank @ MA in Iver? It's bloody HUGE. Last time I was there they had just finished the stand. It must be 12 x 12 x 4 or something.

ghostsword said:
Gill said:
Great opportunity for everyone involved, although i thought you guys would be doing the other MA tank which is x10 the size of this one.

Bigger than this? where? :)

Ma Gatwick nr poundhill crawley. Saw it just after it had been installed and looked amazing over 13,000 litres

This is my 'local' so will have to pop down there and have a look. Always thought it would look fantastic planted up. What about ferts/co2 and w/c on a tank that size - it will be interesting to see what they do :) .

Gill said:
ghostsword said:
Gill said:

Bigger than this? where? :)

Ma Gatwick nr poundhill crawley. Saw it just after it had been installed and looked amazing over 13,000 litres

Looks like they're all at it!

Brenmuk said:
This is my 'local' so will have to pop down there and have a look. Always thought it would look fantastic planted up. What about ferts/co2 and w/c on a tank that size - it will be interesting to see what they do :) .
Non-CO2 injected. Very stable water parameters so hopefully BBA won't be an issue.

2 x 10% water changes per week each adding 500ml JBL ferts at the moment - more if plants show defs. Enough NP provided by fish. Light is around 20 PAR at substrate. Uses 100% RO but actually has GH of around 4, KH 2.

Plants were pearling when I visited (water change c/o day before). Very minor crypt melt - odd leaf here and there. That was my biggest fear, but now they're a few weeks in I'm confident. There's no sign of any algae and even the glass hasn't been cleaned since we planted 4 weeks ago - it's spotless.

Should peak at around the 6 to 12 month period.

Planted with just Cryptocoryne and Microsorum spp. from Aquadistri. Unipac Fiji Sand (250Kg) with JBL Aquabasis Plus underneath.

The aim was to provide a stunning display with minimal maintenance. Hence non-CO2 and no stem plants or other fast growers.

Hopefully it will become a model for other stores with large display tanks.

The whole feature will be detailed in a forthcoming aquascaping supplement in PFK magazine, featuring photography by Mark Evans.

This is me swimming in the tank during the strip down process -

b843786a3d90e74344a6a9c6cfd0c00f.jpg

Hi there,
George Farmer said:
Brenmuk said:
The whole feature will be detailed in a forthcoming aquascaping supplement in PFK magazine, featuring photography by Mark Evans.

This is me swimming in the tank during the strip down process -

b843786a3d90e74344a6a9c6cfd0c00f.jpg

looking forward to the pfk issue, how iminent is forthcoming? 2 weeks or 2 months? Its nice to see such big aquascaped tanks, hopefully with more fish and less George Farmers.... no offence George.

Ady.

Visited this Store today, and was blown away.....I was amazed by the scale of this tank.

If you like crypts.....you will deffo like this setup.

Most plants were pearling when I was there......Could be to do with the water change / top up that was going on whilst there.

Well worth a visit. The address is

Maidenhead Aquatics @ Peterborough Garden Park
Unit 17, Peterborough Garden Park
Peterborough Rd, Eye
PE1 4YZ

i saw this tank just before, and just after your rescape, how did you get rid of all the BBA that tank looked like a 15 year old trying to grow a short fuzz beard. clean and shiny now

Back