• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Formula 1 season..... Looking good!

danmil3s said:
you could all just jump ship and watch some proper racing on the BBC with no adds :woot: . the moto gp starts on the 8th of April hope that doesn't go to sky.

Itll only be a matter of time before sky complete the monopoly!

Think well see some 'proper racing' tomorrow on sky, which good to its word had no adverts during qualifying this morning :thumbup: .
Great to see an all British front row for the first race of the 2012 season....bodes well for an exciting year and itll be interesting to see Red Bull chasing and playing catch up for a change.
Ady.

if you asked me to bet id say red bull, they will have an ace up there sleeve. what i don't get is if the tyres will do the race,and fuel stops are done away with why have pits stops, its not racing its Strategy. people keep telling me to watch the BSB so i might get eurosport

i just couldn't get on with the sky qualy. Ended up turning the sky one off and waiting for the beeb highlights.

I think ill end up mixing it up this year. Beeb for full races then a mix of beeb highlights and sky for the main race. What was the point of the blonde trying to look interested while people were talking with the touchscreen TV this morning :rolleyes: It would have been better if they were just talking straight to camera.

Just watched the race on the beeb HD and it was the full race :D Glad I didnt bother with sky

foxfish said:
Not a great fan but always rooting for Jensen (he lives 1/2 a mile from me) it just so boring compared to two wheel racing!
A good start then :thumbup:
I cant really say I actually know the guy but, he is regularly seen in our locale restaurants or ridding around the island on his bike, in fact Jensen competes in lots of locale sports like running, cycling & mini triathlons.
Last year one of our major coastal roads was closed for about 4 hours while Jensen drove his FI car up & down it for a promotional video.
No idea if it was ever shown, who was going to see it or even what it was about however it is not every day you see an FI blasting down a 35mph speed limit road :)

danmil3s said:
you could all just jump ship and watch some proper racing on the BBC with no adds :woot: . the moto gp starts on the 8th of April hope that doesn't go to sky.

Amen to that :) :thumbup: ..... hopefully no tragedies this year though :(

foxfish said:
Last year one of our major coastal roads was closed for about 4 hours while Jensen drove his FI car up & down it for a promotional video.
No idea if it was ever shown, who was going to see it or even what it was about however it is not every day you see an FI blasting down a 35mph speed limit road

8)

stuworrall said:
i just couldn't get on with the sky qualy. Ended up turning the sky one off and waiting for the beeb highlights.

To be honest i really liked the sky coverage, the familiar commentary from Martin Brundle helped 'settle me in' to the race today, but i thought it was very good......great result too!
Ady.

i prefer skys race commentating team of brundel etc (its a shame coulthard isn't with them for that) but the pre & post race on sky was HORRIBLE. even though they've roped hill in the other guys and that wench are useless beyond belief.

the bbc's race commentators are horrible though with the exception of coulthard.

I lasted one weekend of the awful BBC highlights for qually and the race and signed up immediately for SKY+ HD to get the F1 channel!

Didn't really want to spend the extra money but I was so annoyed, I will have to find the cash somewhere. Maybe start down the back of the sofa hunting for small change ......

Andy

it looks like the bahrain gp may not be on this year either due to civil unrest and political bull ****. :twisted:

Back