• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which co2 regulator do you have

potbellytom

Seedling
i've almost got my tank ready for planting, just need to get the regulator and then its all go. I have seen lots of regulators about but i am lost in which to get for my tank dimensions are 48"x30"x24" around 125g its going to be a high tech planted tank i've ordered the co2 bottle 3kg just need to find a regulator with a solenoid.

So which one do you guys have and maybe a possible link to where you got it from and your thoughts on the piece of equipment.

Im using a TMC v2 Pro . But I am considering a Lunapet reg as its working pressure is adjustable.

Got my reg from CO2Supermarket, works fine with a 16/22mm Up in-line diffuser.

cheers guys i was thinking about maybe one from the far east with magnetic solenoid but have read on here and other planted forums that they arn't brilliant quality? have you have any quarrels with them? if you would suggest one for a complete novice which would you recommend ? its interesting to see what all you guys are using.

potbellytom said:
cheers guys i was thinking about maybe one from the far east with magnetic solenoid but have read on here and other planted forums that they arn't brilliant quality? have you have any quarrels with them? if you would suggest one for a complete novice which would you recommend ? its interesting to see what all you guys are using.

Ask yourself the question "why risk a problem and having to send back to the far east for a replacement when you can buy one from Europe or the UK" For the twenty quid you might save Im not sure a regulator is the type of equipment you want to scrimp on. Not for the cost of 4 pots of plants at least. Just my advice on the subject :)

Yeah I can see what you mean regulator is one of the most important piece of equipment for a planted tank.

Thanks

It's my first tank with co2 so I haven't had experience with regulators and the other stuff to go with it.

potbellytom said:
Yeah I can see what you mean regulator is one of the most important piece of equipment for a planted tank.

Thanks

My recommendation would be the Lunapet one. The reg plus the solenoid (sold seperately) works out at about £70

Back