• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

5ft Tank Inspiration please.

richslaney

Seedling
Hi all,

Has anyone got any pictures of a largish (5ft or so) planted tank with a decent amount od fish bigger than Tetra's.
I'm soon to be starting again with a new 150L x 50W x 41H, 500(ish) Litre tank as my current 260L planted tank has some faults and is being replaced.

I’ve got 4 Clown Loach, 3 Blue Rainbowfish, 3 Boesmani Rainbowfish, 12 Cardinal Tetras, 3 Trilenea Cory’s, 6 Black Phantom Tetras, 2 Redline Torpedo Barbs , 2 German Blue Rams and 3 Panda Garra’s and want to setup a beautiful planted tank.
The tank is high tech with 4x80W T5 lighting, PH Computer Controlled CO2 Injection, Sulphur DeNitrator and a Monster Eheim 2180 Thermo Filter, so light and Co2 should not be an issue.

So, any plant recommendations and pictures would be great.

My current tank has some wonderful Amazon Swords and several ALTERNANTHERA CARDINALIS cryptocoryne wendtii, Pogostemen Stellata etc. It looks nice, but I'm not overly impressed. But, it was my first attempt.

I need some inspiration asap, so that I can sort out my plan and order the plants from Java / Greenline / Plants Alive etc,etc.

Many thanks.
Rich :D

Hi,
Check the Journals forum. You'll find plenty of photos there. Not sure why the size of fish should matter though. Whether your tank has neon tetras or adult discus may affect how you plan the aquascape but not the way the tank is managed. Large fish may appreciate a more open scape with lower growing or midsized plants in the front, but a large school of neons can have just as dramatic effect in an open style as well. Plant choices should probably depend more on the the particular species of fish and their interactions with the plants, so for example fish that rummage about the bottom would damage delicate carpet plants.

James3200 has an inspired setup with Discus=> viewtopic.php?f=35&t=571

Cheers,

Back