• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Alastair said:
Overgrown looks awesome too mate ha ha.

Can I just ask, with the tank being close to the radiator, does it affect tank temp much?

Spooky !!! I thought the same when I saw the pic.

this tank looks flooded with light. Every detail so clearly Defined. Mark, how much light are you using here. I seem to remember you originally using tubes and switching to mh ? obviously the detail is also a function of your sublime camera skills. Just curious.

Fantastic looking tank Mark!

Antipofish said:
Alastair said:
Overgrown looks awesome too mate ha ha.

Can I just ask, with the tank being close to the radiator, does it affect tank temp much?

Spooky !!! I thought the same when I saw the pic.

With regards to placement, I'd be more worried about someone *cough*me*cough* falling down the stairs head first into it :)

I got a new tank recently, 350l much bigger than I am used to, while doing close up inspections of plants and flow it takes you entire visual field making you lose depth perception - I've head butted it more than once :oops:

sWozzAres said:
I got a new tank recently, 350l much bigger than I am used to, while doing close up inspections of plants and flow it takes you entire visual field making you lose depth perception - I've head butted it more than once :oops:
ha! Was anyone there to laugh? :)

darren636 said:
sWozzAres said:
ha! Was anyone there to laugh? :)

The fish? "Hah! That guy was trying to get through the glass again..."

For me Ady, it's the lightimng. Full control over how much goes into the tank. I've limited my light comapared to past tanks. I simple put too much over them.

This and mastery of CO2......................the ferts, nutrients, all the other stuff folks obsess over, matters little.
Then it's a question of maintaining and trimming.

plantbrain said:
his and mastery of CO2......................the ferts, nutrients, all the other stuff folks obsess over, matters little.
Then it's a question of maintaining and trimming.

Absolutley Tom

Radik said:
you can call reinforcement to tear it down just get enough booze.

battle has started.

darren636 said:
this tank looks flooded with light. Every detail so clearly Defined. Mark, how much light are you using here

To begin with just 2 x54w t5...i think for about 6 or 8 weeks. Then, once stable, i introduced MH for about 2 hours per day. This was when it grew mentle.

Alastair said:

Not that I've noticed to be honest. I let the tank fluctuate. Winter time it's up and down, but fish and plants dont mind.

This has to be the hardest thing i've done. I've started to take the wood out (i'm crying :arghh: ) One branch alone gave me this...

7009019025_bdec21555b_b.jpg
moss-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

6862904394_3a647e2279_b.jpg
moss-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

The moss, right down to the 'core' of the clump is healthy...nothing is dead or browning. I'm going to have bucket loads of Christmas and weeping moss.

oh man. to tear down such a beautiful and much adored tank.... It really is a shame.

I have to say Mark, you are stronger than me. It would be so hard to break down that scape for me (not that I will be achieving that level for a while yet, lol). But I can't wait to see what comes next... I do hope we will get to see it before its a finished product :) I have learnt such a lot from following this thread.

this journal, stu's manzi and the bucket of mud have been eye opening to say the least. all great reading and exceptional work.

Thanks everyone.

As tough as it is to take this apart, it's still exciting preparing for the next layout. Especially a full 1-2 grow! aquarium.

that last pic looks soo tropical, reminds me of the unkept edges of the padi fields i've seen driving by... if i could do that look with my tank, i'd be a happy guy... :lol:

Rabb.D said:
that last pic looks soo tropical, reminds me of the unkept edges of the padi fields i've seen driving by... if i could do that look with my tank, i'd be a happy guy...

It did look kinda nice. It gave me ideas at least.

Alastair said:
Which lucky sod gets the plants and mosses then

There's one or two. I've filled 10L worth of moss :wideyed: ....just from the branches.

Tank is empty now, ready for the new scape'

Back