• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 feet tank now planted and scaped! Day 59

Re: 3 feet tank now planted and scaped! Update!

Filter seemed to be coping well with these level of stocking. The fish death so far seemed to be due to bullying or jumping out of tank! So far I've lost about 20 tetras and 1 SAE. The otos and shrimp were dying one after another till I find out that it was the dwarf puffer viscious attack that was killing them! Since I've separated the puffer fish, I haven't had any casualty of otos and shrimp since. the 5 puffer anihilated my 7 otos, 20 fire red and 10 amano.... Viscious little bugger they are. Sorry for the lack of posting recently. Been traveling and working a lot and have someone lost my camera and still waiting for my pay check this month to buy a new camera. The tank is quite different at the moment but I will update as soon as possible. I'm trying to grow a HC carpet as foreground as I found that it is quite hard to maintain the separation between the soil and the sand and it's turning ugly. The staurogyne was still struggling with the HC failing to grab foot on the stones.... Well I've up the CO2 to 2bps for one week and things appeared to be improving. I will post some picture once I get some decent foreground coverage. lol.

Re: 3 feet tank now planted and scaped! Update!

little bit of reading up on the puffer before you put it in the tank would have told you that its natural diet is inverts ie: shrimp!
it must have been having a field day with all those shrimp in there with it.

Just my wishful thinking and hoping that the dense plantation would have aided the shrimp in their survival. Well I'm so wrong. Even amano succumb to their little beaks!

Anyway this is a long due update since the tank was setup. Sorry for the picture as it was uploaded on my iphone.
Day 59
IMG_0149-1.jpg

Sorry for all the floating cup and hanging breeder box. That's where the puffers are at the moment annihilating my feeder ghost shrimp.

I love the balanced look of this :thumbup: And that large shoal of harlequins is awesome !

woah the difference between this latest photo and the one before is staggering, looks amazing :thumbup:

Wow, tank looks amazing now, well done Daniel! Seems upping the CO2 sorted your issues out. How many bps now?

Back