• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What time of day should I add FERTS ?

A

Antipofish

I guess I should have asked this question a while ago.

Is there a "right time" to add ferts if adding on a daily basis ? I do run carbon but I recall reading that it will not remove the desirable element of the ferts (I add 7ml TPN+ and 7ml Easycarbo to a 175L tank which runs 7 hours photoperiod, 2x24w T5, no reflectors as yet, and CO2 on 2 hours before lights to ALMOST get the DC to green (it never reaches lime green).

Cheers

Tom said:
I add mine (and Excel) a couple of hours before lights on, but only out of habit. I suppose it makes sense to add them before lights on.

Makes sense. If you dose after the photoperiod then your dosing for the following day. Im sure Clive would say don't worry about it and do it when it suits you, just be consistent.

If you're dosing EI or anything above a tiny amount, it shouldn't matter. The levels of nutrients should always be non-limiting so you should be good regardless I think.

do plants only use minerals etc when lights are on? i expect they use nutrients constantly, as we do.

It really doesn't matter when you add your ferts the plants aren't really going to care when you add them. I always add mine in the morning before I go to work.

I just dump em in at night or otherwise fishes try to eat em.
Prolly should mix up a liquid solution but I'm a bit lazy. :lol:

roadmaster said:
I just dump em in at night or otherwise fishes try to eat em.
Prolly should mix up a liquid solution but I'm a bit lazy. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing as mine are just the same. As soon as I go near the tank, thats it, they think its dinner time.

Thanks for the other comments guys. It makes sense that if its meant to be non limiting then they can be added any time as long as its reasonably constant. :thumbup: Just me over analysing again :rolleyes:

Back