• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Members Backgrounds

Wow, there is a lot of similarity in most of these careers.
I too have done electronics and engineering, and my own motorcycle maintenance. I've even nearly been an arms dealer, in so far as doing quality assurance on weapons systems; you wouldn't want them to hurt anyone!
I've had a couple of cooler jobs, one in an animal hospital, and one stint as a writer.
Oh, yes,I used to breed a few fish on the side!
Full-time carer at the moment. Should really do some more freelance writing or part-time consultancy stuff.

At 17 I joined the Portuguese Air Force, MP K9 unit, did a tour in Angola and Bosnia, came to the UK 5 years after, and did all sorts, from pizza hut to Security Guard.

For the past 12 years I have been working at a web company, setting up datacenters, call centers and server rooms. I am now the IT Security Manager for the company dealing mostly with compliance and penetration tests of all our sites.

Also have a degree in Computer Science, a Diploma in Law and a Diploma in health and Social Care. :)

Left school after a year of A levels, lots of odd jobs, bingo caller, loader on lorries etc. Got fulltime work in DHSS then moved to council job. 9 years later got an analyst job for a software house which I feel very fortunate to get. Moved onto writing code and gradually worked through promotions until I now run a development team. Pretty dull I'm afraid.

I've got a degree in multimedia and communication design, currently working for the most valuable company in the world ;)

Spent 12 years in the RAF as an airframe/propulsion technician, now im working as an offshore engineer for a global subsea umbilical company. No formal qualifications as such, just experienced, been engineering my entire adult life 8)

Degrees in Zoology and Molecular Biology.
Currently working as a Dental Lab Tech making Implants (not the fun kind)
Also do a bit of car detailing on the side

Work for Norfolk & Suffolk probation as a PSO on community payback,meet some interesting people.

left school at 14, went to work for my old man for a while repairing plant tools , did variousjobs after he closed his shop,worked for the pdsa as an animal technician, did a C & G in motor mechanics and worked for a bmw dealership for five years and too many others to mention. then 12yrs ago i started working with kids with behavioural problems, worked in a secure unit for a while in london, relocated to norfolk in 2007 and continued working with EBD children and studying for a degree in child and adolescent psychotherapy. been off work for the last year due to ill health but still trying to study when i can..

I did a degree in Fine Art and then 3 years as a Pharmacy Manager.

Was really really worried that I don't know what to do now, but after reading this post and seeing that people on here have had very varied jobs throughout their careers I feel a bit better about it.

Did everyone know exactly what they wanted to do or did things just turn out that way?
Seems like everyone around me has a plan.

White van men don't hate me, but I been doing vehicle tracking for the last 4 years now.

howanic said:
I did a degree in Fine Art and then 3 years as a Pharmacy Manager.

Was really really worried that I don't know what to do now, but after reading this post and seeing that people on here have had very varied jobs throughout their careers I feel a bit better about it.

Did everyone know exactly what they wanted to do or did things just turn out that way?
Seems like everyone around me has a plan.
I dont have a plan yet :)

Back