• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

7th April trip to Living Waters + MA Morden (Surrey)

Currently interested in attending.

mlgt
Londondragon
Antipofish
Ghostworld
hotweldfire
Gregs_Pea

Please add your name to the list.

R

mlgt
Londondragon
Antipofish
Ghostworld
hotweldfire
Gregs_Pea
a1matt

having missed the last few meets i am looking forward to catching up with everyone, and meeting some new people too :)

Thanks for the updates.

See you all on saturday at 10am, Im sure there will be some familiar faces. If you are unsure just hang around the plant section.

R

I was talking to a member of a fish club in Brighton about this trip yesterday and he has suggested that very close by to LW is a place called Heritage Aquatics. It is probably too late to try and incorporate it into what we do as a group, but from what he has told me, and looking at their website online (http://heritagefarmnurseries.co.uk/) it may be worth people considering visiting after we have all "done our thing" as a group. Just thought I would mention it as its good to find places that are worthy of attention :)

Matty1983 said:
I would love to come guys but it's too far to travel!
ditto!

Antipofish said:
I was talking to a member of a fish club in Brighton about this trip yesterday and he has suggested that very close by to LW is a place called Heritage Aquatics. It is probably too late to try and incorporate it into what we do as a group, but from what he has told me, and looking at their website online (http://heritagefarmnurseries.co.uk/) it may be worth people considering visiting after we have all "done our thing" as a group. Just thought I would mention it as its good to find places that are worthy of attention :)

I know this place. Have been there once. It's OK, good fish selection and well maintained tanks when I was there. But don't know their plants, at least not the guy I spoke to. Didn't recognise latin names of some of the most common. Fairly small plant selection too. But that was a couple of years ago so might have changed by now.

hotweldfire said:
Antipofish said:

I know this place. Have been there once. It's OK, good fish selection and well maintained tanks when I was there. But don't know their plants, at least not the guy I spoke to. Didn't recognise latin names of some of the most common. Fairly small plant selection too. But that was a couple of years ago so might have changed by now.

According to the guy I spoke to yesterday, who has been there recently, he thought it was well worth a visit. Everyone has different expectations though, so it could be that its still the same as you found it. Never know unless you try it.

Its odd though, before I moved out to New Zealand there was a place in Brighton that had the worst plants going, marine and freshwater fish tanks run on undergravels, everything looked mucky and dirty all the time. The only thing going for it was cheap fish. Last year I thought I would go back and see if it had changed. New surrounds to the tanks, don't know what the filtration was as I didn't stay long enough to look. Plants were abysmal, fish looked dreadful, what there was there, and the staff (owner included) was too busy sitting round talking to their mates smoking roll ups (in a public retail outlet which I didn't think was even legal now) to bother to even acknowledge my presence. So some things never change, just get worse ! LOL

Will do. I think he was the last time we all visited. :)

Hi,
hope you chaps had and eggcellent day and didnt shell out too much!.....
....Ive been easter egg hunting. ;)
Hopefully next time ill be able to come along.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Had an awesome day ! Great to meet some new faces and some I already recognised :) Living Waters was an experience to say the least ! Fell in love with some wild caught Apitso's that pomptly came off sale as it was realised they had fry in their tank. But what colouration !! Actually managed not to spend too much though, for which my bank manager will be thankful. Thanks for organising MLGT :thumbup I am looking forward to the next trip already.

Glad you had a fun day out. It was well worth the drive for you guys :)

Will make it an annual thing. Living Waters might be holding a showcase in the future so will keep everyone updated.
The Pistos were lovely and seeing the live fry was a rare sight too :) Frothelmet reckons they literally just gave birth so that was pretty cool.

Will give you a heads up if I pop down to Brighton.

Rik

Back